To Want Something Better Is No Disgrace {15}

Start from the beginning

    I swiftly sat up on my bed and looked around my room, mindlessly.

    "Hey, Ari." Derek said as he walked into my room.

    I looked at him in shock, "Derek? What are you doing here?"

    "Thought I'd want to drive you to school." he replied with a smile as he sat beside me on my bed.

    "Did Carter already leave?" I asked.

    "He said he wasn't feeling that great so I offered to give you a ride today."

    I gave him a small smile, "Thanks, Derek."

    He smiles back and gets up from my bed.

    "I better start getting ready. I'll be right back." I told him.

    "And I'll be waiting downstairs." he said and walks out of my room.

    I yawned and grabbed my clothes from my dresser and got changed. I quickly did my hair and eyeliner, grabbed my backpack and ran downstairs.

    "I'm ready to go." I told Derek who was talking to my mom.

    "Cool, let's go." he said with a smile.

    I told mom and dad goodbyes and headed out towards the driveway, to Derek's car.

    We got in and headed to school.

    During the car ride, I looked out the car window, staring at the fall scenery.

    "Is something wrong, Ari?" he asks me.

    I looked at him, "Yeah. Everything's fine."

    "Did something else happen last night besides you falling onto the ground, unconscious?"

    "Don't worry, Derek. Nothing really happened." I said, "I'm just tired."

    "Same here." he said.

    When we rode onto the highway, a large truck was parked on the side of the highway with construction workers beside it. Cars were stopped behind it and we eventually stopped also.

    "Fuck." Derek cussed under his breath, "Why would they start the construction now? Can't they start over the weekend?"

    I looked down at my lap and sighed, "Derek? Can I ask you something?"

    He sighs and smiles, "Yeah, sure."

    "Is there something going on between you and Fiona?"

    He glances at me, "No, we're just friends. But I wish we were more than that."

    "Do you like her?" I asked.

    He smiles, "Yeah...I do. But I can't do that 'cause I'm getting married to you."

    "Right..." I softly said and continued gazing out the car window, "I understand."

    "Is it bothering you? You know, me and Fiona?" he asks.

    "No! Not at all! I was just curious!" I retorted.

    He chuckles, "Alright then..."

    "No really! I was just---"

    "I'm just joking, Ariana."

    "I-I knew that but I just want to make it clear."

    "I got it, Ari."

    "Dere---"

    "Wow, you're really cute when you're embarassed."

    I blushed and sighed.

    This is going to be a long ride to school.

    -----------------------------------------

    Guess who decided to upload on Christmas? Me!

    I'm really really really sorry that I uploaded two weeks late! Oh god, I feel like a bitch now, leaving you guys hanging from the last chapter.

    Anyway, next time something comes up that prevents me from uploading, I'll make sure I'll remind you guys first. Nothing really came up recently that prevented me from posting up new chapter which was very stupid of me to just leave.

    This time, my excuse isn't my mom grounding me or writers' block. Or school either.

    I've completely forgot how many days I left Wattpad and it was my fault.

    I apologise once again for leaving Wattpad all of the sudden.

    But don't worry, I didn't stop writing! I have more chapters of this story and "Tainted Love" to upload.

    Also, last Friday was the start of Winter Break so I have one and half full days to upload!

    Thanks so much for taking your time to read this note and Merry Christmas (And Happy Hanukkah, Holidays and Kwanza!)