chapter 3: what the...?!

(photo credit: http://whenyouloveme.tumblr.com/post/538348785/i-dont-want-to-sleep-any-other-way)

chapter 3: what the...?!

I run upstairs and slam my door shut, my heart pounding like drummer boys going mental inside me. Holy f***ing s***! hfdksnfds!!! hofdsn;fndsouigejbsfdns

It finally happened! I kissed him! I've always wanted to, deep down inside, but I never actually expected myself to do it! I mean...I was too bold! I'm an idiot! And besides...his mean and obnoxious and bugs me all the time! So why do I even like him?! 

Wait. He said I was beautiful. He kissed me. He...he....argh!

I  know why I love him though. I love that whenever he thinks I'm not looking, he does the most nicest things. Like I said before, he was "my little nurse" when I was sick. He showed me how to find the best sea shells on the beach. He worried for me, and indirectly threatened anyone who bothered me. My older cousins, Tom and Mickey (from my Dad's side) would taunt me all the time, and Tristain would always rescue me. He'd saunter over and say to me "Hey Lila, stop being an idiot and play on James' team. We're missing a player" or something indiscreet so neither he nor I would get trouble for it.

He loves me in what he doesn't say. He loves me with the look in his eyes and not the words from his lips.

I toss myself on my bed and groan. He's my cousin! Of course he loves me! I..but he kissed me first! And I just, you know, took the initative to give him a full lipped kiss.

I'm an idiot.

A bugger.

An arse.

A loser.

A hag.

Oh god! I run to Facebook to see if anyone is online. Mandy's on! Oh thank goodness.

Lila Parris: Mandy! i need to talk to you! Can you keep a secret?

Mandy Finch: Heyy Lillaa! yeah, i can keep a secret

Lila Parris: Good! I kissed my cousin

Mandy Finch: f***! u serious?

Lila Parris: What do I do? He's downstairs and we did it 1 minute ago!

Mandy Finch: do u like him?

Lila Parris: A whole lot! I know I shouldn't, but I do and I think he likes me back!

Mandy Finch: then there isn't a problem. kiss him again

Lila Parris: MANDY!!! I can't!!! Ohmygod, what if thinks I'm disgusting! I ran away before he could say anything

Mandy Finch: Lila just do it

Lila Parris: and I was an idiot because I did run away I should've stayed behind and

Mandy Finch: Lila shut up.

Lila Parris: he must  be soo confused! What if he tells my parents?

Mandy Finch: LILA! TALK TO HIM! FIGURE THINGS OUT! Now get of the f***ing computer and talk to him!

Lila Parris: Right. Good idea. Thanks Mandy! I'll catch up with you soon.

Mandy Finch: ttyl

Lila Parris: Bye :)

I just off the laptop and dash to the bathroom to make myself presentable again. My face is flushed, but other than that I'm fine. 

"Lila! Come down, we're playing charades!" I hear Joey call to me. I smile suddenly. I'm brilliant at charades!

I come downstairs and see everyone on couches organised in a circle. Joey's writing ideas on slips of paper for the other team, and they're doing to same. My eyes naturally seek out Tristain, who's sitting with James and Cara. Mum and Dad are sitting on the other end.

"Lila you're on your parents and I's team" says Joey. Great.

My team wins. Everyone's drunk on wine and it's one in the morning. I think I'm the most sober out of all the family, so I start cleaning up the scraps of paper all over the ground and put away all the wines glasses. I look at Tristain, who's curled up and giggling with James. He. Can't. Be. Gay.

"Oi! Tristain! I'll take you to your room" I yell. Am I jealous?! Of my brother?! I really am off my rocker.

"Noooo" he moans, "James was telling me about that time where you burned your hair using--"

"--Shut up James!" I snap, dragging Tristain off of him. James throws his feet across the empty space and sighs contentedly.

"Can I sleep in your room?" asks Tristain, now on his feet (with my support) and walking upstairs.

"No" I tell him, now leading him to James's room, where he'll be using James' bed. James has his sleeping bag all set on the floor. 

"Pleasee" I toss him onto the bed and start to leave when suddenly he's up on his feet and at the door.

"Bloody hell!" I curse, pushing him inside, "You can't use my bedroom, because that would mean I'd have to sleep on the ground. I hate that"

"We'll share" He bargains. I'm starting to wonder how much wine he's actually had. Sensing my thoughts, Tristain says:

"I'm feeling sober now. I reallly want to sleep in your bedroom. I'll take the sleeping bag"

"No, my parents will murder me and bury me with the title of my tombstone reading 'Rude Host'"

"Please!"

"Why?"

"B-because" he mutters, feeling shy all of a sudden, "I want to...to wake up to your face in the morning"

"Tristain, how old are you?"

"Twenty-three"

"You're acting like you're a lovesick sixteen year old, adolescent teenager"

"That's because I am love sick, for you"

"You're not sober. You're positively drunk" I say. And to prove my point, Tristain faints and falls over into my arms. I stagger back with the force of his weight and then drag him to my room. I do have a heart, believe it or not.

Then I start preparing the guest bedroom and lead Cara and Joey up. My parents are barely concious but the manage to make it in their bedroom. I leave James on the couch with a warning.

"Wake up and go to your bedroom"

I head towards my room, sighing with exhaustion. It's bleeding 2 in the morning. Ruddy charades. The warm and heavy sheets of my bed are a welcome feeling. Wait. WARM?!

"Right, Tristain you can't sleep in my bed" I tell him. "I change my mind, you can have the sleeping bag"

"You're a mean host" he mumbles, tossing an arm around me, trapping me to the mattress.

"I'll count to three" I say, losing my patience, "If you're not up and in that sleeping bag, I'll whip you"

"One." He groans and holds me down tighter. "Two" Tristain shifts in bed and throws a leg around mine. "Three" He grips onto me for dear life while I thrash and attempt to rip his arms off.

"I'll rip your arms off and stuff them down your throat" I roar. A rush of adrenaline gives me strength, but not enough. Tristain hugs me to him and smiles.

"Fine" I hiss, "I'll get the sleeping bag"

"Noooo" he whines like a little boy. "Stay here Lila"

And like that, I listen to him. I actually listen to him. He doesn't have power over me! Sleep deprivation takes its toll, and when I need to be awake the most, I don't.

Tristain's POV (haha, had to do it)

Once she's asleep, I smile to myself. I wasn't that drunk. I only pretended to be, and here I am, in bed, sleeping with the love of my life, the most beautiful girl in the whole world. I am devious like that, yes. Mwhahaha.

I am content, falling asleep watching her peaceful face. I kiss her forehead and whisper "Good night and sweet dreams, love"