chapter 12: Buddhmas Shopping

(warning, boring chapter!)

As soon as Tristain leaves, I hop onto my laptop to search for his present.

For Joey, I got him a shirt that reads "Beeb" because he loves BBC and worked there his whole life. He still does, in fact. For Cara, I find a pair of bird earrings for cheap.

For Tristain.

Hmm..........

I decide on a necklace, maybe one with a heart locket with our pictures and names. I could give it to him in secret, and think up of a foax one to fool the parents.

No, heart lockets aren't manly. He'll be teased for it.

A ring with our initials?

No, that's too girly.

Wait.

A RING WITH OUT INITIALS!

I'll make it a simple band of silver (it can't be some cheap metal!) and get someone to engrave our initials and some message.

What message?

An inside joke of some sort, so only he'll know what it means.

Right, but what message?

I dunno, you figure it our Sherlock.

WATSON I need your help!

Shut up and think.

Good idea.

I do express shipping on Joey and Cara's presents. I've gotten Mum and Dad a massive stone Buddha. They've always wanted one. We've only got two small ones. One on my desk, and one on Mum's dess. They've been wanting one for a while now, but have never gotten around to it. I've had their present planned for a while, saving bits of my allowance over the course of the whole year and getting a small stone carver somewhere in the North Georgia mountains to carve it. I asked for him to put, on the platform, little figures of the family sitting around Buddha. It's cost me a thousand dollars solid.

I managed by taking a bit out of my savings, putting in a crap load from my job at this local chocolate shop and a all of my weekly allowances. I've managed to get all the money, down to the last pence--penny. The stone carver asked for me to pick in up....let me check....TOMORROW!!!!!

Fu**. I'll ask James and Tristain to help me with it. Damn.

Well that left me broke for the other presents. I warned this to my parents, who understood that their present was something massive, and they gave me $50. After spending....$20 on both Joey and Cara, I still have $30 left. That's not enough for a silver band.

I'll have to resort to metal.

WAIT! I could...I could use baltic amber! It looks cool, has health benefits, but looks to weird for the average eye. No that's what I'll get him!

I think of a message.

"Love has no limits"  NO-----too cliche

"Lots of Love" NO------no, sounds like an ending to a letter

"i love you" NO------------no, sounds too boring

"Remember me" NO-------sounds like I'm leaving (to my death, more like it)

Grr. I stare at the paper and consider "Love has no limits" It fits well into the fact that he's twenty three (age difference) and the fact that he's my cousin (family tie taboo)

Yeah, I'll go with that.

I send in an order for it and breathe a sigh of relief. Thank goodness that's over.