Prologue

My name is Silvermoon, I am a warrior, a warrior without a past.

My name is the only thing I can remember, but what's in a name when you don't know who you are or who you were?

I go to sleep that night and dream the same dream I've had every night since I lost my memory.

I am surrounded by cats, all of them look as though they were made of stars.

One in particular steps forward, a tabby she-cat, she is Grey with white stripes and piercing green eyes.

She begins to speak.

But when she tries a loud noise interrupts her, drowns out her voice, and the reason I am here, it is a dreadful sound, a loud pitiful yowl, full of pain and loss, every night it chills me to the bone.

I wake feeling cold, cold and alone my fur stands on end as I recall that same part over and over again.

It's moon high, I know it's useless trying to sleep now not with that dream still fresh in my mind, so I lay where I am and watch the stars.

...Silverpelt...

That's right the dwelling and hunting grounds of StarClan, the warrior ancestors.

The cats that visit me every night...They are StarClan.

I remember a little now, StarClan, the warrior code, the Clans.

...The Clans...

Do I belong to a Clan? Or am just a rouge or a loner or even a Kittypet? I look at myself with mild amusement, I doubt that I was ever a pampered little kitty.

Never have I felt so alone...Atleast what I can remember.

I look at Silverpelt and silently plead for answers. Where do I belong? Do I even belong anywhere?

...Silence...

...Nothing...

My stomach growls, I sigh, time for a hunt. Answers will have to wait.

I'm glad I haven't forgotten to hunt, otherwise I'd be more helpless then a kit without it's mother's milk.

It's still dark but that doesn't bother me, I can travel more freely, it's like I've lived my whole life in darkness.

Funny when your past is as dark as the dark forest itself.

I hear the scuffle of a mouse out searching for a midnight snack.

To bad it'll be it's last.

I stalk toward it, keeping as quiet as I possibly can, one careful paw after another.

Then I pounce, it must had heard me because it scampers off with a loud squeak alerting any thing is the immediate area.

"Mouse dung!" I hiss, I'll have to go hungry tonight.

I decide to find another area, but as soon as I take a step, the ground that I had thought was stable crumples under my weight and gives way.

I struggle desperately to find a paw hold, anything that I can use to catch myself, but I can't.

And I fall.

I fall into the darkness below.

...StarClan help me...

I am woken by voices, they speak my name, but I can't move, I can't even see, all I see is darkness.

All I hear is mumbling and nothing else.

Atleast I won't hear that cry ever again.

Then I feel something blow over me like a breath, and my name is called again.

"Silvermoon, Silvermoon wake up."

A voice says just above me.

I open my eyes to find the lushes green grass I had ever seen beneath my tired paws.

And the Grey she-cat with white stirpes standing over me.

"You may stand Silvermoon, you have come a long way and have many questions." I stand and study her, her eyes and voice full with warmth, but I had a sinking feeling that I would get nothing.

"But your answers will have to wait, you have a great destiny ahead of you and the answers you seek will come in time."

"How will I know?" I meow desperately I knew this would happen, I'd come here to learn that I would never get to know what I need to.

"You will find your own way Silvermoon, have faith in yourself and in StarClan. Now go your journey has only begun."

No this can't be I say to myself as she turns and starts to disappear.

"Wait!" I yowl but it is already to late, she is gone.

I feel the soft grass slowly disappear.

And once again.

I am falling.

Tumbling into the darkness below.