One

Percy's POV

I didn't want it to end like this. I wanted to graduate high school with her and go to college in New Rome. I wanted to go home with all of my friends and see my mom and Paul. I didn't want to come home alone. I didn't want Chiron to give me a look that said something tragic. I didn't want to hear that my mother and step-father died because of me. I didn't want to leave my save haven. I didn't want what was real. I wanted the opposite. I didn't want Gaea to ruin my life. Here is how it happened:

F L A S H B A C K

Stupid nosebleed. 

Anyway, we were fighting non stop against monsters. Then I heard the sound of flapping wings. I looked to find Leo riding Festus. I realized what Leo was doing. 

Leo suddenly shouted in Greek and Latin, "I love you, people!" 

I guess Jason taught him some Latin. Leo grabbed Gaea in Festus' claws, but she slipped out. This huge explosion occurred and bronze shards rained down on the hill. Reyna began to tear as did the rest. I blindly charged a group of monsters. As I fought, I watched Hazel get gutted like a fish, Reyna decapitated, and Jason was stabbed in the stomach. I finished off the monster I was fighting and slid beside my cousin. 

"Yo, Percy! If Nico lives, look out for him. I know he doesn't need it, but do it anyway. Oh and Percy? Let me be with her please," I listened to Jason's words as I pulled the sword out. That apparently made it worse and Jason stopped breathing. I let out a small whimper. No one could hear. I began fighting again. Nico by my side.  

"Where's Annabeth?" I asked Nico. Before he could answer, a scream rippled through the air. I growled and ran towards Gaea. Gaea had Annabeth hanging in the air. Her Yankees cap was lying on the ground. Gaea's hand was on Annabeth's neck.  

"Let her go, Gaea. This will be between you and me," I said, surprisingly calm. 

Annabeth looked a little more scared. "All right godling. I'll put her down," Gaea snapped Annabeth's neck and dropped her on the ground. The Gods flashed in behind me. I felt their stares on my back. 

"No! Wise Girl!" I shouted. 

Tears came put like waterfalls. I didn't care anymore. I ran faster than ever towards the one who killed my Annabeth. Gaea eyes widened as I ran. Then she smiled. I felt the blade of Annabeth's drakon bone sword pierce my stomach. I grinned at her and stabbed her in the gut with Riptide and created a hurricane using the water from the lake. I rose Gaea and myself high in the air. I then twisted Riptide and let go. 

I pulled Annabeth's sword from my body and dropped to my knees. I put one hand on my wound and the other on the ground in front. I hung my head and squeezed my eyes shut. I felt my dad put a hand on my shoulder. I looked at him and noticed Athena behind him.  I let out a whimper louder than I wanted to. 

"Make it stop," I whispered. I saw, out of the corner of my eye, Nico running over from killing the rest of the monsters. Dad created a little ball of water and carefully placed it on my back where the other end of the whole was. I wimpered again from the water healing me and I hung my head back down. Dad got up to say something to Nico and Athena came to me. She knelt down and lifted my head with her hand. 

"I am sorry for doubting you, hero. I am also sorry that you had to lose her this way. From now on, I will help you in any way I can," She said. I nodded and stood up. Riptide returned to my pocket and I uncapped it, using the sword as a lean on with the blade side down.  

"Perseus. You are granted two wishes," Zeus called out as I walked towards the Big House. 

I stopped in my tracks.

"I want Annabeth back, but that is not optional. I will have Hades and Hestia's thrones returned to Olympus. Then, I want peace. No Roman or Greek gods will do ever so much as contact me until I want to return," I say with a tinge of bitterness. I continue on walking.  

As I pass Chiron, he gives me a look. 

"Percy. You can't go home. Sally and Paul are dead," He deadpanned. 

"Great. Just great," I mumbled in annoyance.

E N D    O F   F L A S H B A C K

So, that is how I became heartless and easy to succumb to emotion.