Are you Satisfied

Chapter 5 - Are You Satisfied

Jax POV

Why can't people just mind their own fucking business? Granted it's my mom, but still, why can't I ever leave the house without playing twenty fucking questions? A guy can't even take a shit without someone assuming I'm going to go run off or some shit.

"Jackson Tate, are you listening to me?"

"Yes mom, I hear you loud and clear," I sigh in annoyance. Don't get me wrong, I love my mother, but she can be extremely unbearable at times.

"Don't take that tone with your mother Jax," my mom's boyfriend, Caleb, says, not taking his eyes off the football game. I can tell he's not really annoyed though, cause he's not using my full name, like my mom's made a habit of doing. Caleb and my mom, Mary, have been dating since I was six; a year and a half after my parents divorced.

"Yes, Sir," I say. I look at Caleb like another father. He was the one who taught me to throw a football and charm a girl to death. Of course, my actual father taught me things as well. Such as, my love for fast cars and how to ride my first bike. There's really no hard feelings between my parents, it was a mutual decision. Both my mom and dad are psychologists and they just got tired of analyzing one another all the time. I guess you can say that the spark died, if it was ever there to begin with.

I once asked my mom why she isn't married to Caleb yet. They've been dating for twelve and a half years, I mean come on. Tie the knot already. Her answer to me was that she made a mistake by rushing into a marriage with my father, and that if she would have waited longer than just a year, she would have realised that they weren't meant for each other (not that she regrets it or anything). She said that she doesn't want to make the same mistake with Caleb, so they decided that they would both propose to each other when they're ready. Caleb proposed three years ago, now we're just waiting on mom, and Caleb doesn't seem to mind the wait.

"If you're listening prove it," Aryha, my half sister, says. Aryha is Mom and Caleb's daughter. She's seven years younger than me and, although she can be a bit of a brat like now, we get along fairly great. I can't imagine life without her.

"Keep talking Ryah and I'll tell Caleb what you told me the other day," I threaten. She let's out a giggle, but it effectively shuts her up. Just the other day she came to me for advice on guys. Guys. At first, I was adverse to the idea (cause she's only eleven and a half, you know), but I knew it was something she'd come across eventually. Whether I liked it or not. Better to get it over with sooner rather than later, when it would be too late. So, I let go of my pride and talked to her about it. I told her that there would someday be a guy willing to treat her like the princess she is and that she'd automatically know him when she saw him. I told her that he'd treat her like the only girl in the world, is what I would say if I was a good brother.

Good thing I'm a great brother, instead of a good one. I told her all guys only want one thing, and that thing is sex. I told her that all guys she even thinks of in a romantic way, have to meet me before they can do something so little as holding hands.

I also told her that she has my explicit consent to tell any guy that breaks her heart that, and I quote, "You're nothing but a cold hearted fuckboy, and my older brother's going to kick your ass." She laughed when I said it, but I knew she knew that I meant it. I would kick any guy's ass if he breaks my little sister's heart. I'd do just about anything for the girl.

"I'm going now," I say to my parents.

My mom kisses both of my cheeks before hugging me. If you haven't noticed, my mom's a very touchy-feely person. "Mom, stop," I groan.