Turn Off The Lights

Chapter 3 - Turn Off The Lights

Rose's POV

For some reason, I get the feeling that I'm being watched. Maybe it's the typical paranoia you get when in a foreign town or place. Maybe I'm just overreacting over nothing. Or I could be right and someone could be watching me. I've been having this debate with myself since I walked out of the car and started making way through the crowd with Tyler and Fibi.

I snap my head to the left, where the feeling is coming from, and frown. A guy, maybe in his mid twenties, is standing with a group of people next to the actual bonfire. Yet, instead of interacting with them, he's just sipping his drink and staring at me. He looks oddly familiar, but I can't place where I've seen him before. He's tall, has curly, dark brown hair, and has a bored expression on his face. You can't really tell his eye color from this far away.

He finally sees me looking at him, and a lazy grin forms on his face before he quickly turns back to the group. I glare at his back. Where have I seen him before?

"Rose? Did you hear a word I said?"

I turn and look at Mason. " Sorry, but I didn't, " I say, earning a glare from Kate and Barbie. Kate, Barbie, and I in went to school together when I lived with my dad in New Orleans. They have serious god complexes. When I first started gong to school with them, they thought that it would be fun to "pick on the new girl." I hate that I had to do it, but I'm not to take bullying lightly, and so, I made it my duty to knock them off their high horses. The rest of things that happened to them afterwards had nothing to do with me, but they still hold a grudge against me til' this day.

"You guys are so rude," Barbie exclaims.

"Yeah, you haven't even spoken to us since she came over here. You didn't even introduce us to your other friend, " Kate, the follower she is, adds.

Mason turns to face an upset Barbie and Katelyn, with a startled look. Almost as if he'd forgotten about them completely, which he probably did. They're very bland in the personality department.

I let out a breathe of annoyance, I really don't like these girls. "Melinda shut up and Kate stop being such a fucking follower. The two of you are real fucking annoying, now shut the hell up with that whiney shit," I say. "Where the hell is Tyler with my drink," I mumble to myself.

Luckily, Fibi shows up with four shots. She takes in the scene, looking at a furious Barbie and Kate, before looking at me. I reach my hand out for a shot. "Please tell me one of those are for me," I say.

"Two of them are," she says, with a knowing smile.

"Thanks babe, where did Tyler go," I ask, downing both shots like a pro.

"That brings me to the reason why I'm here," she sys. "Tyler said to come over there with us. Kimber's on the phone and says she wants to speak to you. " She points over in the direction of the water, where there are people gathered around a smaller fire away from the big bonfire. "You guys can come too," she says to Jax and Mason.

"We're not going over there," Barbie chimes in, glaring at me.

"Good thing I wasn't inviting you two over, " Fibi says, and smiles. "You guys coming," she adds, looking at us.

Jax and Mason share a look before nodding their heads and walking away with us. "Another time ladies," Mason calls out to Barbie and Katelyn.

As we walk, I get the feeling I'm being watched. Again. I look over at the bonfire for the guy from earlier, but he's not there. I look around, and see him standing behind one of the tables serving drinks, but starting at me intently. I quickly turn back around and try to ignore his intense stare. Once we get over to Tyler and the others, I breathe a sigh of relief and take the phone out of Tyler's hand. He throws an arm over my shoulder as I look behind and see that the guy is no longer staring at me but is chatting up some unsuspecting girl.