Alphabet Boy

Chapter 1- Alphabet Boy

Dear Mrs. Callaghan,

I am sorry to inform you that your daughter has caused yet another problem to our school. As was seen in the contract that you signed at the beginning of the year, we must uphold our school image. We will not be able to uphold said image with the presence of your daughter. We believe your daughter is beyond our help. As of January 12, 2016, your daughter, Roselina DeVaugh, will no longer be allowed on St. Washington Discipline Institute's campus. Ms. DeVaugh's last class day on campus will be January 10, 2016. Ms. Devaugh is allowed two days after her last day of classes to gather her things. If Ms. Devaugh is seen on St. Washington Discipline Institute's campus after January 12, 2016, the authorities will be contacted and legal action will taken for trespassing.

Dean of St. Washington Discipline Institute,

Melinda Campree.

Rose POV

"Roselina! Roselina, get your ass down here, now! Roselina!" Footsteps fall hard on the staircase leading to my room. I pull my second to last pack of cigarettes out from under my pillow and shake out the last one. I put it in my mouth and light it just as my room door bursts open and Daryll, the limp dick step loser, waltzes in like owns the place or some shit.

He's looking extra mad as he takes in my room, before his eyes land on me with a hard glare. I barely spare him a glance before going back to what I was doing before he started rudely calling my name, which is texting my friend Kimber. "Learn to fucking knock," I mumble out, before ignoring his presence.

He ignores my comment, but I see his jaw clench out of the corner of my eye. "Didn't you here me calling your fucking name," he asks instead, annoyance clear in his voice.

I shoot him a disinterested look. "Yeah, so what," I say, bored with the conversation.

"Why the hell didn't you come," he asks, anger lacing his every word.

"What's it matter? You're here now. " I shrug my shoulders and examine my nails, uninterested in what he has to say to me.

"That's not the point. You need to learn some respect," he growls, and I let out a snort. Respect? Psh, please.

Daryll is my mother's husband. Personally, I think he's very good looking. If only his personality matched. Daryll stands tall at about 6'5". He has a head full of dark raven hair that hangs just above his shoulders. He has foggy grey eyes and a slightly crooked nose; from when he broke his nose in a bar fight four years ago. He has straight pearly white teeth in cased in full lips. He forever wears business suits or tight button up shirts that show off his gym made muscles. As I said, he's very good looking. If there's one thing I can credit my mother for, it's her taste in men. There's one downside about Daryll though. The giant pole shoved up his ass.

Daryll is only 36 but is one of the most uptight people I have ever met. I've hardly ever seen Daryll smile, and that's only when my mother's home. Considering the fact that she's a travelling designer, interior and clothing, that's almost never. The only emotion I've ever seen him express towards me is anger and mild concern. The concern because he doesn't want my mom blaming him if I get hurt, considering he's around more than her, and my legal guardian while she's away.

If there's one thing that I'm 100% sure of, it's the fact that Daryll loves my mother. Not only does he put off meetings for his computer company, but everytime he's physically more relaxed and he actually smiles. He also constantly takes her out on amazingly romantic dates whenever she is back from a trip. Honestly there's no love lost between Darryl and I. He stays out of my way and I stay out of his. Unless, of course, I do something to piss him off or upset my mum. Meaning he's forever on my case about something.