stiles, #2 ⇝ let's be alone together.

A/N: So, this was technically planned but I was slacking on it pretty bad and almost scrapped it. So, y'all should be thanking maddiehansen8 for saying something at just the right moment.

  ☽ † ☾   

Stiles remembered everything about the day he bought Lydia's present

Stiles remembered everything about the day he bought Lydia's present. Technically, he should've probably said "presents" since he went a little overboard. He'd been shopping for well over a month after the winter formal and used every last dime he had (that didn't go toward keeping his car running) on Lydia Martin. Every choice had to be perfect because Lydia was, of course, perfect. To him, she was.

The week before the party, he had examined the gifts and, for the first time in his life, thought that maybe it was a bad idea. Maybe he should've stuck to his first choice.

Ha. His first choice. Lydia was his first choice; she had been for years, even when he knew his choice didn't count in that matter. He had a ten year plan in place, anyway - which he was willing to extend to fifteen years, if need be. One day, if he was lucky enough, it'd be him and Lydia.

That...wasn't necessarily his top priority as Winter wound down and Spring came along. He still cared. He still liked Lydia because, c'mon, you don't just like someone since the third grade and then stop out of nowhere. On the other hand, things had become complicated since January - or maybe before that; he wasn't really sure. All he knew was that, while of course he liked Lydia Martin still, he also knew that he couldn't stop thinking about Maddie.

Mads, are you okay?

He'd typed up that exact text the moment he'd gotten home from the rave. He remembered how tired she looks and how she winced every time the hit even the smallest bump on the way back to the Argents' house. He worried about how badly she'd been beaten. He worried even more when she told him that the older slayer, the witch, and Maddie's watcher had left her there like that. What kind of people did that?

Maddie ➔『Aside from the broken bones and internal bleeding, I guess I am.

Wait WHAT

Maddie ➔『I'm okay, Stiles. Just healing.

Still?

Maddie ➔『Yes.

Did you need anything?

Like I dunno magical healing herbs?

Maddie ➔『I doubt you have those.

Psht

You don't know my life