Chapter 7

Chris's POV

"Guardian of Madeline Gordon," a nurse said coming out from the doors.

"I brought in a Madeline," I said standing up.

"Are you Chris Evans?" another nurse asked poking her head out from behind the door.

"Yes," I said.

"A little girl is asking for you. Right this way," she said opening the door all the way for me to get through.

"I followed her down a few hallways until we came to a door with one of the doctors in front of it.

"Are you the guardian of this girl?" he asked pointing towards the room.

"Yes. Is she alright?" I asked.

"Well she has no doctor records other then her birth certificate that we can find. And it took several phone calls to even get that. From what we find today is that she has several bones that broke that didn't heal properly. She is completely under weight for her age. She is currently suffering from a extreme case of pneumonia. A combination of all these things is what caused most of what happened today but, she did have a panic attack," he said.

"What are going to do about it,"  I asked a bit shocked.

"We have some antibiotics for her to take but that's all we can do," he said.

I sighed and nodded. The doctor then let me go in and see Madeline. She had to stay over night in case of any complications with her medication because they have no allergy information for her.

"How are  you doing. Well I guess that's kinda a dumb question to ask sense your in a hospital hu?" I said sitting next to Madeline's bed.

"Ya, but I'm feeling much better. Can we go now," she asked.

"No, I'm sorry, they just need to look after you over night and then we can go home," I said.

"Oh."

"Sorry sweetie. But listen I do have to go back to work for awhile, but one of the nurses are going to sit in here with you and keep you company. And if you need me I'm sure one of the nurses will give you a phone to call me on."

"OK," she said.

"I'm going to send the nurse in and I'll see you later," I said standing up and heading towards the door.

"Bye," she said and then I left back to work.