«19»

Yuu felt extra special to be able to hold Mika's large soft hands again. It was like holding hands with Jesus Christ Himself. He felt protected.

Walking still felt silly, but Mika luckily was there as his cane. A handsome, tall cane.

He helped Yuu into his car, buckling him in and making sure he was somewhat comfortable. The boy couldn't believe his eyes. Mika was quite the gentleman. Yuu gave him a small smile, biting down on his lip.

His cheeks burned pink as the blond joined him in the car in the driver's seat, starting up the vehicle.

"What kind of music do you listen to?" he prosed as he shifted gears and pulled out of the hospital parking lot.

Yuu just blinked twice, cheeks chubby as his grin was uncontrollably wide. "Ummm," he hummed, tilting his head. "I like... Uh..."

The blue-eyed boy gave him a look. "Really? C'mon, Yuu. Nothin'?"

"I don't know my genres," he admitted bashfully with a tiny shrug.

"Well, why don't you radio surf for a bit while I drive? Sound like a plan, chief?" Mika extended a hand.

Yuu shook it happily, just wishing he could kiss it.

That thought aside, Yuu had spun the knob across a radio station that had them both bobbing their heads, jamming as they cruised down the highway.

"I have no idea where we're going, but this music fits!" Yuu announced over the speakers as he subtly danced in his seat.

"I'm taking you to buy some clothes," Mika smiled, turning on an exit.

"Are you really gonna buy them?"

"Nope."

~

Another deserted strip mall. Only this one was nearly purloined of everything this time.

"Goddammit," Mika hissed as he walked Yuu through some aisles of empty racks. "Selfish bastards."

Yuu giggled, giving his companion's hand a reassuring squeeze. "It's okay, Mika."

Mika smiled softly, keeping him close as he wandered towards the back of the dust-inhabited store.

Yuu held tightly onto Mika's shoulders as he helped him into some pants. Lots of struggling.

The worst part of the cast:

It had to be worn over his pants, which meant a removal of it and continuous grazing over the slit that stung under the gauze snugging around the circumference of his thigh.

"Ugh," Yuu huffed, his leg aching with all of the movement. "Mika, um, can we just try shirts instead?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course... Your leg hurts?"

The boy nodded in response, blushing slightly as the blond began to remove his pants again. He slid back on the sweatpants he brought for him for his hospital release, helping him do small hops up the knitted tubes.

Then back on went the cast.

Mika scrounged through boxes of clothes to find Yuu's size or avoidably anything bigger while the boy waited quite flustered on the countertop.