Third Time's The Charm

A/N: I tried so hard to update this fast, but my friends thought I should do Chapter Three of Brotherly Love first. I posted it about half an hour ago (when I started this chapter), no matter how much I dislike BL#3, I'm hoping it will be liked so check that out and let me know. Now on to the story.

~DM~DM~DM~

   I hate Saturdays. I really hate Saturdays. I, Dristan Merck, hate Saturdays. Normally, boring Saturdays would be filled with getting ready for the club, but I had promised Ja- Mr. Delaney that I wouldn't go again. So here I sit, on a Saturday night, alone, in my freaking apartment. I had only seen my Dad three times this week, and it was all passing moments. He isn't even in the state at the moment, having left to do business that I'm not privileged to know about. He'll be home Monday night. Plenty of time to go out and get drunk, I thought, but I wasn't going to break my promise. I'm watching mindless television now, but I've had enough. I switch it off, grab my keys, and walk out the door. I found a diner that I remembered, from my drive home from Jake's, which wasn't that far from my house. The diner was all but full when I got there, having every seat and every stool taken except one. I hurried to the table and waited patiently for the waitress. She was young, barely older than I was, and I knew she thought I was actually much older than her. I wanted to laugh at her flirtatious flips of her hair, but I politely ordered some food and drink. I was directly by the door, but I only had a complaint when the door was opened, usually for a minute as the would-be customer looked around for a table only to turn and leave when there was none, it sent a chilling wind through the room every time. I groaned, shivering, when it happened again. I looked up to the man that was no doubt looking pass all of the full tables until his bright eyes landed on me. That was when I noticed the familiar dark head of hair, the strong jaw, and gorgeous body hidden underneath a dark leather coat. "Ja- Mr. Delaney?" I asked, surprised. Honestly, I'm not sure why I'm surprised, but I was.

"Dristan." He said, smiling slightly. "Mind if I sit with you? I'm dying for some food." He looked around again for an empty table. I hated that he was trying to find another place to sit, because really, is it so bad to sit with me? I smiled a fake smile, convincing him at least, and waved to the other side of the table. He ordered some food when the waitress came by again and then tried to strike up conversation. "How is school going so far?"

"Good, my dad will be proud of my grades." I said.

"That's good. You're really well in my class, at least." He gave a small frown to the table and I returned the facial gesture. What was the supposed to mean? I'm fabulous at Literature! I knew it. I smirked inwardly. "You just seem distracted a lot." I have been distracted lately and the reason was sitting in front of me.  "I assumed it was because of your-" Jake swallowed loudly. "-boyfriend." I couldn't help my snort a few moments later when I realized what he was referring to.

"Austin?" I laughed again when he nodded, a confused look on his face. "He isn't my boyfriend. Jo-" I stopped. "You can keep a secret, right?" He nodded again, still confused. I saw irony in confiding in him. "His step brother, Jonathan Chambers, likes him. Problem is he thinks he is straight. I had to find out, that's why you heard me asking him out. He even let slip that he likes someone that sounds suspiciously like Jon." I was still amused by it.

"So you aren't-" I knew what he was asking.

"Of course not. I don't date high school students." I couldn't stop the words that come out of my mouth next. "I prefer older men."

~JD~JD~JD~

   I couldn't believe he just said that. I knew it was true, yes, but I didn't think he would put it so bluntly. I wanted groan loudly, the words bringing back more memories of the night he and I shared. I remember Dristan saying that before his third shot, if only I had known at the time. I shake my head, knowing I wouldn't have changed anything if I had known. I almost hate myself for thinking it, but I couldn't change the way I feel. "So, um-" I had to clear my throat twice in order to be able to be able to talk again. "What are you doing here tonight?" He laughed slightly.