Chapter 3, Emmys

Taylor's POV

There's a knock on the door. When I open it I am faced with a dress bag. Thank god. I let them in.

"Hello Taylor," Catherine says to me,

"Catherine, thank god, come in," I say,

"Sorry I'm so late," Catherine apologizes,

"Don't worry about it," I tell her

I lead Catherine to the living room where she lays down the dress. Catherine opens the dress bag to reveal the dress.

"It's so pretty," I say,

Catherine gives a nod. I hear my prep team upstairs, they're probably waiting for me.

"Excuse me," I say. 

I make my way upstairs, they have their makeup out. I sit down at my dressing table. Mary and Lucy, my stylists work on my hair first. Lucy begins to curl my hair. Mary then moves in front of the mirror. She works on my makeup, I can only tell what she's doing by the makeup she has in front of her. I'm glad when she pulls out my red lipstick. They're really quick. Catherine has taken the dress upstairs and I step into it. I pick up my bag and put my shoes on, ok I'm ready.

Tom's POV

I redo my tie, I haven't seen Taylor at all today. She said she wanted to keep everything a surprise. I get in the back of the car. I'm almost a little nervous to see Taylor. When we get to her house I walk up to the door to get her. I knock softly and very quickly I am greeted by Taylor. 

She looks stunning, I can't describe it.

"What?" Taylor asks with a laugh,

"You just look really really beautiful," I stammer,

I see Taylor go red and she takes me arm and I open the door for her. She gets in the car a little before me and I sit by her side.

"Thank you," Taylor says to me,

"You're welcome," I say.

Taylor holds onto my hand during the drive. When we arrive the driver walks around and opens the door. I get out then hold me hand out for Taylor. Taylor takes my hand and  steps out the car. There's a surge of flashes once Taylor's face is visible. Taylor takes my arm and we walk down the red carpet.

"You're awfully popular here," Taylor tells me,

"I think it's more you than me," I reply,

"Well I'm not exactly getting an Emmy right now so why would I be a focus of interest?" Taylor asks,

"Because you're Taylor Swift," I mutter.

We pause for a moment for photographs. Taylor poses for only a moment before just sanding by my side. I put my arm around Taylor and lean in towards her ear.

"Are you ok?" I ask,

"Yeah fine," Taylor replies.

She leans against me, probably something on her mind. The photographers then turn their attention to the next couple and Taylor takes my arm again and we walk on. A reporter approaches us, I should think to ask some questions.

"Hello, can I ask you a few questions Tom?" The report asks,

"Of course," I reply.

The reporter smiles and beckons her camera man.

"So Tom, why are you here today?" She asks,

"Well I got a nomination because of my part in the night manager," I tell her,

"And isn't that the series that helped you get names rear of the year?" the report asks.

I laugh a little, Taylor does also,

"Well yes I suppose it is," I answer,

"Whose your guest?" The report asks turning her attention to Taylor,

"I'm sorry, This is Taylor," I reply.

Taylor turns and faces the camera and smiles a little.

"Nice to meet you Taylor," the report says,

"thank you, nice to meet you too," Taylor says though she seems a little distant.

"Please excuse Taylor she's not feeling herself," I apologize,

"I wouldn't worry about it, I'll let you two go," The reporter says. 

I lead Taylor to a quieter part of the carpet.

"Taylor, what's going on," I ask,

"I'm feeling a little sick," Taylor tells me,

"Oh sorry, do you want to go home?" I ask,

"No it's ok, it isn't that bad," Taylor tells me.

I nod, not wanting to argue Taylor takes my arm again and we continue our walk along the red carpet. We stop occasionally for the odd photograph. We sit down near the front for the award ceremony. Taylor doesn't really speak, I don't think she's feeling particularly well this evening.

I'm not really paying attention to the award giving. I'm watching Taylor. I hear my name all of a sudden. I turn my head to the award giving.

"Tom you won," Taylor tells me.

I walk up and receive the Emmy. I step over to the microphone to say my thank you. I spot Taylor watching me.

"I'd like to say a thank you to everybody here and in particular to Taylor my girlfriend because she has been the most supportive most amazing girlfriend in the world and I am so proud to have her by my side," I say. 

There's an applause and I take my seat next to Taylor.

"Thank you," Taylor whispers to me,

"No thank you," I reply.

I plant a kiss to Taylor's cheek. Taylor rests her head against my shoulder.

"Are you tired?" I ask,

"I little," Taylor replies.

When the award giving is over we make our way to the after party. Taylor seems to have cheered up a little. She holds onto my hands and pulls me towards the dance floor.

"Didn't we do this at the met gala?" I ask,

"We may have," Taylor laughs.

I put my hand on Taylor's waist and hold onto her hand. I spin Taylor around back towards me. We dance like we did at the gala. It's probably the most fun I've had at one of these after parties. I hardly take notice of anybody else.

"This is so much better," Taylor tells me,

"I agree," I laugh.

It's nearly midnight when Taylor and I get back into the car.

"That was fun, you need to win an Emmy every year," Taylor laughs,

"That is a fabulous idea," I agree.

Taylor rests her head on my shoulder, I think she falls asleep but I don't want to bother her. The car stops us just outside Taylor's house. Taylor sits up. I walk her to the door. I expect that I would be going home but Taylor take my hand and leads me inside.

"Don't go," Taylor asks me,

"Ok, I won't" I reassure Taylor.

Taylor yanks her Emmys dress off and leaves it on the floor.  she crawls into bed and I follow her. She wraps her arms around me and is asleep really quickly. I'm not sure what was going on tonight but I don't think it matters. I drift off to sleep also.