"Sweetie" my mom called as she stared in disbelief.

"Morning mom, morning dad" I said.

"Good morning" my mom and dad replied in unison, still staring as if they were waiting for an explanation from me but I had nothing to say to anyone.

"Wow! you look different...I mean beautiful" my dad finally blurted out.

I smiled. "Thanks dad"
"Why aren't you on your glasses?" My mom asked.

"I left it inside, I have my contacts on" I replied.

"Wow, th...th...that's good" my mom stuttered, still confused and trying to figure out what was going on with me.

"Where's Max?"

"He's waiting for you outside, but eat something before you go"

"No, I'm late already, where's my lunch?"

"Right here" my mom handed my lunch to me.

"Thanks" I said as I took the lunch from her and kept it in my backpack. "Got to go now. Bye mom...bye dad"

"Bye sweetie" my mom and dad said, still gawking in horror.

"Bye Jane" I waved at my little sister as I walked towards the door.

"Bye bye Alex" I heard Jane replied before I opened the door and stepped out of the house.

I got outside and I saw Kent standing by the car watching and laughing at the couple across the street. Max turned around and his eyes widened in alarm, he stood unblinking as he tried to process and take in all he was seeing.

"OK, this is definitely funnier" he pointed at me as I moved close to the car.
"Who died and turned your life around?" Max asked as he laughed like devil that he was. What the hell was his problem with me? A part of me just knew he was going to ruin my day but I wouldn't let him.

"Shut up and get in the car" I said as I opened the car door.

"Is this why you've been keeping me here? Now you know how trying to be pretty and perfect can be and what it takes from you. It's time" Max said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I hear you, can we go now?" I said and entered the car.

Max went around the car, opened the door and entered. He looked at me again and his lips curved into devilish smirk. "so is this going to be happening everyday?" He asked curiously.

"What?" I rolled my eyes at him again. I wondered why he was asking. Was he worried about me delaying him now? He had been doing for long and now that it was my turn, he suddenly had a problem with getting late to school or what?

"The funeral" Max answered and burst out into a horrible loud laugher "Ah...ah.."

"I hate you" I narrowed my eyes at him and I wished that I could punch him in the face and make him loose his front tooth that very moment.

"I love you too rabbit" Max replied before starting the car and drove away. All I could do was frown at him till we pulled over in the school parking lot.

I could feel all eyes on me immediately I got down from the car. The few people who knew me opened their mouth in amusement and that made me so feel shy and uncomfortable in my outfit and makeup. . I thought that I got this when I looked in the mirror but I guess I was wrong, I was somehow starting to regret it.

Emma and Kim who were waiting for me at the hallway entrance almost didn't recognize me. When they realize it was me, they both squeaked in excitement and hurriedly pulled me into a tight hug for a second and then let go.

"Oh my gosh...you look so hot" Emma said as we stepped into the hallway. She looked at me from my hair to her shoes, trying to process and take it all in. "I almost didn't recognise you"

"You finally did it, you finally let out that beauty. Awesome!" Kim said in excitement. "I had been waiting for this all my life" she grabbed my face in her hand and kissed me on the cheek "Mama is so proud of you baby"

I blushed. "Thank you"

"But seriously what happened to you?" Emma asked with curiosity spreading all over her face.

"She meant to ask if someone threatened to kill you?" Kim said and Emma rolled her eyes at her.

"What? No, I just felt that I need a little change. That's all" I shrugged.

"Oh.. I think I know, you're trying to forget Kent right? You just realised you have to move on. Aww poor you...I'm so proud of you baby girl" she turned to Emma and whispered to her but I could hear her clearly. "I think this is her way of moving on" she nodded her head and pouted her mouth

We finally got to our lockers and we opened it to bring out the books that we needed. We closed the lockers, came together again and head towards the classroom for our first period.

"Is there someone new? Tell us" Emma nudge me by the side curiously.

"No, there's no one. I just told you why, I just felt like doing this. Trust me" I wished that could really tell them but it was impossible for me to blurt out what was really going on. Who would believe that I was doing this to get the attention of a ghost, the ghost of someone that wasn't even dead. Who would believe that I was actually seeing a ghost. It sounded crazy.

Emma smiled with a nod. "Okay, we trust you"

"We trust you" Kim said too.

"Thanks" I smiled back at them as I bit on my lower lip. I hate that I was lying to them.

I froze when I got to the entrance of the classroom. I wanted to run away, I was so worried about the look that I was going to get from everyone. I felt a pat behind me and I look at my friends, all I could read on their faces was "you got this"

"Come on, no one's gonna kill you for a change. They'll only gossip about it and you'll become a star. Grab my hand" Emma said and stretched forth her hand to me "You've got this"

I heaved a deep sigh as I took Emma's hand. "Ok" When my hand came in contact with her, I suddenly felt at ease. It felt like I had nothing to worry about and I knew that I was going to be just fine and my day was about to get interesting.

I really couldn't wait to see how the day would turn out to be.

So.......what do you guys think?

Comments and likes please