Chapter 7 || Social Circles ||

HOGWARTS EXPRESS STATION

Nicholas watched amused as his mother adjusted his robes again for the fifth time. It was finally the first of September, he and his brother was going to Hogwarts. He smiled softly to his mother who was now festering over Lucas.

"You don't need to be so worried Narcissa the boys would do just fine" his father- Lucius Malfoy commented, looking rather amused himself. His wife rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to his brother and himself "have you got you're owls?" Nico nodded, mentally rolling his eyes. He absentmindedly stroked his Eurasian Eagle-owl he named Acheron, who was watching the busy station with his piercing red eyes

He watched disgustedly at the loud kids and crying parents, didn't they have any sense of dignity?, most of the families gave them a wide berth. The Malfoy's all standing  tall and proud, they're appearances impeccable and intimidating to some.

Nico smoothed down his silky robes, he had worn his favorite casual attire for the day as he wanted to make a good impression. His robes were of a dark royal blue with a silver outer robe, he also wore black trousers and a crisp white button up. In all honesty he was quite anxious, but exited at the prospect of going to Hogwarts. His brother was the opposite, practically grinning from excitement behind what he has dubbed the 'pureblood mask'.

Nico let a small smirk into his face as he heard the shrill whistle of the train, turning to his parents who were both sporting proud expressions he hugged his mother and shook his father's hand who clapped him in the shoulder "make us proud son" his father said with a small smile.

He nodded and watched as his brother did a lazy two fingered salute and answered for the both of them "of course we will father" saying a quick goodbye to his youngest brother Draco who threw his arms around his hip and grinning up to him He and Lucas begin walking towards the train.

Finally boarding the train, they both looked for an empty compartment. Finally finding one that was not over crowded Nico ducked in with his brother in tow and sat by the window after stowing away his trunk. Lucas - now away from an overbearing crowd-  flashed a full grin. He fell backwards dramatically into a seat and stretched "can you believe it brother? we're finally going to Hogwarts!" he exclaimed dramatically, using far fetched hand gestures.

Used to his brother's eccentric behavior he rolled his eyes and looked out the window that was still facing the station "when do you think the others will be here?" he asked thinking of they're group of friends.

Suddenly (though expected) the doors to their car slid open showing five people. The first one to step in was a tall dark haired boy who had a  friendly greeting smile. Adrian Pucey nodded at Nico and waved at his enigmatic brother who waved the group in. The second to step in was a well muscled blonde with a distant expression- Cadmus Rowle. His family was known as extreme death eaters, he was also the most aloof of the group and had one of the most coldest stares Nico had ever seen. So he had a guess that the students of Hogwarts would tread lightly around the boy.

The next was another boy, with midnight black hair and heavily lidded eyes that were the most piercing of blues, Damien Rosier was the most social of the group but could be intimidating if he wanted to be. The last two to step in was a short haired blonde who had an almost birdlike grace (Jeanine Greengrass, the eldest of the Greengrass sister's) and Elizabeth Drakos, who came from a wealthy and an influential family in Greece.

He greeted each of his acquaintance's and shut the doors with a wave of his hand, locking it effectively. As the train started to move they all looked out the windows, waving at they're parents as did all of the other students. He could see that most of the parents were crying, he searched for his own to find them still in the same position as before and as stoic as ever.

He raised a hand in goodbye before briefly closing his eyes and leaning into his seat, no matter how much he tried he just couldn't stop thinking about it. He couldn't forget it.  He thought back to the conversation he had with his parents, the conversation that had forever change the course of everything.

'Nicholas' his father had started, staring at his mother who clearly looked distressed.

'yes father?' he answered looking confused, why were his parents suddenly acting strange?

'we've never told you... Nico look at me you must swear to lady Magic that you will never tell this to any living soul without our notice, without.. his notice do you understand me?' Nico's eyes had widened by this point, slightly scared at how his parents were behaving.

'I swear father' he said, and hated how his voice seem to quiver.

'son.. y-your the heir of the Dark Lord'

DUN DUN DUN.

Alright thank you so much for reading! I'm having fun writing this and I promise I won't be overpowering the characters or anything its just how I planned out the plot.

Oh and thank you helping me out with the owl names, and this is a disclaimer; I do not own any of the surnames of the five, I got them from Pottermore's 'The sacred twenty eight'  and Adrian Pucey is the only character of the five that came from books and movies, the others are my OC (save for the surnames).

Again thank you for reading.

-ThatBookFanatic