Chapter 6 || wands ||

DIAGON ALLEY

When he stepped into Ollivander's the first thing he noticed was the boxes upon boxes of wands stacked everywhere. His father and an eight year old Draco was waiting for them already, his youngest brother seemed impatient and was slightly whining about wanting to go to the quiditch store.

He rolled his eyes, typical of his brothers really. Nico nodded respectfully to his father as a greeting who in turn gestured for him to come closer "did you found any good books?" the eldest Malfoy murmured to him.

Nico, reminded of all the books he bought nodded excitedly "yes father.. in fact I found this one boo- "oh the Malfoy's!" an old man- Ollivander exclaimed suddenly showing up behind the counter. Nico was quickly ushered to a platform and was bombarded by measuring tape.

He was especially annoyed when the tape tried to measure between his eyes, but he kept quite and waited patiently for the wand maker to finish. After his measurements were taken the old man started mumbling to himself and was rummaging through piles of different wands, he took out about three boxes from a shelf and immediately gave one of them for him to try "chestnut, 10 inches and dragon heart string come on give it a wave" it was evident that the wand was not for him when a vase beside him broke into pieces.

The wand maker snatched it out of his hand and gave him another, and another and then another until he founded the right one. His fingers traced the wood patterns of the 30th wand he was given, Nico could feel it. This was his wand. Ollivander seem to notice and gave a big smile "walnut, 14 inches unyielding flexibility and.. Basilisk horn core" the wand maker said aloud with furrowed eyebrows.

The occupants in the room (minus Draco and Lucas) raised an eyebrow at that, the basilisk horn was a wand core only used by Slytherin and his descendants.
Lucius Malfoy and his wife seem to exchange a glance that nobody in the room noticed. They knew somehow, of why they're son might be the owner of such a rare wand core.

Nico mentally searched up all the information about wand cores and woods that he had researched upon coming here and he too raised an eyebrow. He flicked the wand in an elegant gesture and was greeted by a fountain of what smelt suspiciously like wine. He heard the sound of clapping behind him and he spoke aloud "the walnut core is those for higher intelligence, yes?" he asked deciding to hold back the questions on why his wand had a core known to only be owned by Salazar Slytherin and his decedents.

If the wand maker noticed his dilemma he did not comment on it, he instead chose to smirked slightly and said "I see you've done your reading" and Nicholas shrugged "what can I say its an obsession" he gave back the wand to Ollivander to get it wrapped up and stepped back for his brothers turn.

After a good twenty minutes of waiting Lucas finally found his match, 12 inches aspen and dragon heart string "for those who are revolutionaries" the wand maker said with a broad smile. After purchasing their wands and buying new wand holsters they looked around for awhile before Nico asked if he could go back to the manor first along with his father who agreed as Draco was getting tiered.

His father apparated them back to the family room where he practically sprinted out and went to his own bedroom. His room was the closest to the library, which was the reason he chose it. When he walked in he reversed the spell on all his purchases to their original sizes and started sorting through his books.

His room was not the biggest in the manor but it was enough with a king size bed, a desk, his own private bathroom and a good sized blue closet that was charmed to be bigger on the inside ("its bigger on the inside!") the forest green walls were covered with bookshelves and some posters of the falmouth falcons (the quiditch team he supported) everything in the room was organized and neat.
Not a single thing was out of place, expect for a few scrolls and books in the desk.

He carefully placed all the books he had bought into an empty space in the bookshelf but left one remaining book in his bed to read. Pride and Prejudice, the tittle reads in a cursive font. He was interested in the book because it was a tale of a young woman living in Victorian age London dealing with issues of upbringing, manners and so on. Although he did not cared much for muggle culture he wanted to see the differences between their society and his own.

He managed to read for a solid fifteen minutes without interruption before his brother came barreling in the room. Nico stifled a sigh and marked the page (no doggy ears cause those are just ugh) and stood up "yes brother" he asked oh so sweetly.

Lucas seem to not care as he grinned at Nico and shoved a long rectangular box to his arms. He raised an eyebrow and dropped it in his bed "what is this brother?" he asked carefully, wary that this might be one of his many pranks. Instead his brother just grinned and gestured for him to open it, upon seeing his hesitant look Lucas sighed heavily "I promise you this isn't a prank" Nico raised an eyebrow at that "fine! if this is a prank I'll read any book you want me too" his brother promised with a smirk.

"not even sure if you can read that much" he mumbled which didn't go unheard "I'll have you know brother I did took your advice and read one of those books your always obsessing about"

"Oh?" he asked with a smirk.

"yeah the hunger games or something, now hurry up and open it!" getting over the initial shock of his brother having read the hunger games he carefully opened the lid of the box and was shocked to see the new nimbus 1500. Nicholas picked the broom up and examined the top of the line broom (at that time) he let a small grin in his face and turned to his brother "have you bought it to?" his brother nodded enthusiastically "yeah come on! we've got to try it out" and he proceeded to drag Nico out of his room and outside to the quiditch pitch where they both hopped on their brooms and tried out new tricks and their own strategies.

After a few hours of flying around in the pitch his personal house elf appeared down below the field, he gestured for his brother to follow and flew towards the elf.
He hopped off the broom and waited patiently for the elf to start talking "Lord Malfoy has ordered master Nicholas and his brother to clean up and rest, master have to start packing for Hogwarts" nodding Nico waved bye to his brother and went back to his room.

After having a refreshing shower he changed into a pair of silk pajama bottoms and a comfortable jumper. Deciding against packing right now he carefully unwrapped the packaging of his new wand and opened the box, taking out the wand he got an idea. After putting his wand back to its box he walked over to his desk. Pulling open the drawer he took out another wand, a thirteen inch cypress with dragon heartstrings core.  He had gotten the wand as gift when he was younger, his father saying that he should learn how to properly do magic, how to properly defend himself.

Slipping on a pair of socks and his boots he went out of his room and started walking along the corridor.
Going down a flight of stairs and taking a bunch of turns he made sure to avoid his family members and elves.
Finally founding the correct portrait of two duelist he spoke the password "Certatior" and the painting swung open, revealing a dimly lit and empty hallway.

After a few more minutes of walking the hallway eventually led to a big room with a high ceiling. There was a mat in the center, and there was practice dummy's in one side of the room. He waved his hand and watched as his dueling 'partner' appeared on the other side of the mat.

Smirking he raised his wand thankful that the wand was untraceable and unleashed a fury of spells.

Yay an update! I know I don't really write as often as I should so hopefully the next one will be done soon enough.

Thank you so much for reading! and I hope you like it. Your feedback is much appreciated, thank you. 

-ThatBookFanatic