“Oh my god, I’ve missed you so much”, said Nadine in her familiar Irish twang.

“I’ve missed you loads, Nadine”, Kimberley replied, squeezing her tighter.  

“How are you, Cheryl?  Lovely to see you, Cheryl.  So glad you came, Cheryl”, Cheryl said, smiling from behind Kimberley.

Nadine pulled away from Kimberley and beamed back at Cheryl, opening her arms out wide.  “Come here, you, you little angel.  I’m so happy you managed to sort the time to come”, and she pulled Cheryl into a tight hug.  

“I started to regret it half way through the flight,” joked Cheryl, kissing Nadine’s cheek.  “But now we’re here, it was worth it!”

“You didn’t sleep on the way, did you?” asked Nadine, pulling away and looking at each of them in turn.  “I told you to stay awake – it’s the best way”.

“No” replied Cheryl, shaking her head.

“Only a bit,” replied Kimberley, at the same time as Cheryl.

They both looked at each other and laughed, realising they hadn’t done a great job at lying.

“I’ll take that to mean you’ve slept on the plane, and in the car”, said Nadine, rolling her eyes at them.  “Well don’t come moaning to me when you’re up half the night”.

“Oh I wouldn’t say that’d be a bad thing,” said Cheryl, without thinking, then cringed inwardly.

Kimberley felt herself blush and shot a look at Cheryl as Nadine held her hands up.  

“Well, I might pretend you didn’t just say that, and start helping you in with your bags”, Nadine said, starting to laugh nervously as she took one of the cases from the floor by the car boot and smiled at the driver.

Cheryl grimaced at Kimberley, showing her embarrassment, then turned to pay the driver, as Kimberley took the other case and followed Nadine up the drive to the house.

Cheryl turned and watched Kimberley walk up the drive until she reached the door, taking in the view of Kimberley’s hips sashaying as she walked, then smiling she picked up their flightbags and followed them up the path.

-------------------------

“Right, are you hungry?  Or do you want a shower?  Or do you just want the keys to the car and go to your own place and meet up later?” asked Nadine, as she shut the door behind them.

Kimberley looked at Cheryl, “I’m not hungry but I could murder a cup of tea”.

Cheryl nodded in agreement, “choking for one, Nadine”.

Nadine smiled, “tea and biscuits it is then.  Do you want to get changed or anything?”

They both shook their heads.  “Nah,” replied Cheryl.  “I’d rather just spend a couple of hours chatting then go back to our place and settle in there”.

Kimberley nodded her agreement.

“Right,” agreed Nadine.  “You know where the pool is – go and sit out there and I’ll bring a tray out”.

“You got plans tonight, Nadine?” asked Cheryl, picked up her bag and taking out her phone.

Nadine turned, already half way to the kitchen.  “No, left it open for you girls”.

“Good, I was thinking dinner later, after we’ve settled in?” suggested Cheryl, raising her eyebrows hopefully.

Nadine smiled and nodded, “sounds great”, and she turned away and walked into the kitchen.