Chapter 10

Harry pulled me into my house, for some reason he had the keys. He opened the living room door and escorted me through the arch to the kitchen. Our hands broke apart as I fluttered over to sit on the small kitchen table. Harry placed the small white box from the deli on the counter and pulled out two croissants and two bagels. He placed them on the table in front of me.

“What do you want to do today?” He asked me, while scurrying around my kitchen, searching through various drawers and cupboards. I looked at him in amusement, noting his obvious lack of skills in house organisation. I stood up from my chair and opened the cupboard above the cooker, pulling out two side plates and throwing Harry a look of derision and amusement.

“I don’t know, I’ve kind of ditched school…” I said, placing the plates on the table and sitting back in my previous spot. Harry came over to join me, a look on his face that indicated he was thinking. He tapped his fingers on the table for a few seconds before grabbing a croissant and pulling it open. He took a chunk of it and threw it into his open mouth, licking his lips enticingly as he swallowed. He let out a throaty chuckle and one of his glorious dimpled smiles as he looked at me across the table, I couldn’t help but blush at Harry’s state, he seemed so open, not like the Harry I had previously encountered, the oppressive, dominating man from before.

“We could go to the lake?” He said, raising his eyebrows as an enquiry. I smiled at his suggestion, a nice walk was exactly what I needed, to wrap my head around what was going on between Harry and I. School became a clouded issue, I barely thought about it anymore, my mind was consumed by thoughts, most of them containing Harry. I nodded at him, picking up one of the bagels from the box.

“You’re beautiful you know.” Harry said, I looked up from my plate and noticed Harry was staring right at me, his eyes soft but general expression firm. The tone of his voice was melodic, almost a song. I blushed at his words, at the attention I was receiving from him. I was confused by his quick change in topic. I offered Harry a broad smile, I felt my eyes welling up, but I refused to cry in front of him again. Harry’s stern demeanour transformed into that of a more caring nature. I had no words to reply with, I had nothing.

I stood up from my stool and walked over to Harry, placing a small kiss on his temple. His cheek muscles pulled up into a beaming smile as my lips pressed against his head. I pulled away, a smile also plastered on my face. Harry turned his head to look at me, putting his food back on his plate. He walked over to me fast, with a look of lust in his eyes. He wrapped his broad hands around my thighs and pulled me up, wrapping my legs around his waist. He kissed me passionately, every touch sending a rush of electricity through my body. Harry nestled his forehead into my neck, breathing heavily down my chest. I looked down at him, in complete adoration, yeah he wasn’t perfect, but in this moment, he was mine.

Harry gently released my legs from his grip and slid me down the front of his body. My feet touched the cold kitchen floor as me and Harry stood there, staring into each other’s eyes. There was silence, nothing needed to be said, nothing at all. It was clear what we were both thinking; it didn’t need to be put into words.