Telling the Family: Niall's Family

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?" Niall exclaimed as he entered the kitchen. He rushed over to you and put his hands on your waist as helped you off of the counter.

Once you were on the ground he took a step back and eyed you, as if expecting there to be a bruise or a mark on you. He then reached down and put his hand on your stomach. Once he saw that you were perfectly fine he sighed and pulled you into his chest so that he could wrap his arms around you.

"What if you would have fallen? You could've hit your stomach or your head! You could've hurt yourself or worse the baby, Y/n." He said as he gave you a worried look.

"Niall, I'm fine. I don't even have a baby bump, yet." You said. "I can still do some things for myself."

"Is everything okay, Niall?" Maura asked as she ran back into the kitchen. "I heard screaming!"

"Yeah. I was just worried that Y/n was going to fall when she climbed on the counter to reach the dishes." Niall said.

"Oh, okay. I was worried sick when I heard you screaming." She said.

"Sorry, mum. I didn't mean to scare you." Niall said.

"That's okay as long as everybody is alright. Y/n, I shouldn't have asked you to get them down since you couldn't reach them." Maura said.

"It's okay, Maura. I didn't get hurt, and that's all that matters." You said.

After the delicious lunch that Maura prepared, everyone gathered in the living room to talk and catch up. Denise, Greg, and Theo had driven over from their house so they could see you and Niall while the two of you were back in town.

Theo was sitting on the floor with Maura as the two of them rolled a ball back and forth to each other. Out of nowhere he picked up the ball and threw it at you. You were talking to Denise when he threw it, so you didn't have time to get your hands up to defend yourself or block it. The ball hit your stomach and you saw Niall sit up immediately. He reached over and grabbed your hand and looked at your face for any sign or pain or discomfort.

"Careful buddy," Niall said as Theo stood up and came over to you.

"It's alright, Ni. I'm okay." You said as you looked at him and gave him a smile. You weren't hurt at all by Theo throwing the ball at you, you were just a little caught off guard because you weren't expecting it. 

You reached down and pulled Theo onto your lap. He smiled at you and leaned his head against your chest.

"I sorry." Theo said quietly.

"You're okay, Theo. You didn't hurt me, bud." You said.

"I love you." He said as he looked up at you.

"I love you too Theo." You said as you leaned in and placed a gentle kiss to the top of his head.

You loved Theo so much. He had warmed up to you since the first time you met him. And watching him gave you lots of practice and experience to get you ready for when you and Niall had the baby.

"Niall...is everything okay with you?" Greg asked as he gave his brother a questioning look.

"Yeah. Everything is alright, why?" Niall asked.

"Well....you've just uh...been a little off today. If Y/n so much as moves too fast you freak out and rush to her side." Greg said. "I know you love her, Ni, but you've been a little bit over protective of her today."

You looked over at Niall and knew exactly what Greg was talking about. Since you found out that you were pregnant, Niall had been extra careful when it came to you. He didn't want anything to hurt you or the baby. You understood why he was being protective. You knew there were some things you did before that you couldn't do now that you were pregnant. But you also knew he was going a little overboard with it all.

"Well...there's something Y/n and I have been meaning to tell you guys, but we weren't sure how to tell you." Niall said as he looked over at you.

"What is it Niall? Is everything okay? Y/n are you ill dear?" Maura asked worriedly.

"No, I'm not ill." You said to her before looking over at Niall.

"Mum, you're going to be a Nan again." Niall said smiling at his mother.

Maura's face lit up at Niall's words. She loved having Theo but both you and Niall knew that his mum was waiting for the two of you to give her another grandchild.

"You-you're pregnant?" She asked smiling at you.

You smiled and nodded at her.

"This is wonderful! Oh I'm so happy for you two! You are going to be wonderful parents!" She said as she put her hands up to her face in excitement.

Niall stood up and Greg pulled him into a tight hug.

"My little brother is going to be a dad! I'm happy for you, Ni. You're going to be an amazing parent." Greg said smiling as he looked at his younger brother.

Theo looked at you with a confused look on his face. You knew that he didn't understand what was going on.

"Aunt Y/n has a baby growing in her tummy." You said as you put your hand on your stomach.

"Baby." Theo smiled as he put his little hand next to yours on his stomach.

"That's right. Your baby cousin is growing inside my tummy." You said smiling at him.

Theo gave you a big adorable smile as he looked up at you.

You looked around the room at Niall's family and you couldn't help but think how grateful you were that these were the people your baby would get to call family. You had seen how loving Maura was with Theo and you knew she would treat your baby just as good as she did Theo. And you knew that Baby Horan would love his or her Aunt Denise and Uncle Greg. And now that both of your families knew that you and Niall were expecting, you felt a little bit of weight lift off your shoulders. The only people left to tell now were the fans...and the rest of the world.