Chapter 43; ice-cream disaster?

Start from the beginning

The Next Morning

"So Felix, how was your date." Jace asks, trying to get him annoyed.
"It wasn't a date!" Felix said.
"Whatever you say! So what happened? Anything interesting?" Jace asked with a grin.
"Well, we kissed" Felix said cringing at the thought of it.
"HOLY CRAP! YOU DID?!" Jace shouted getting excited.
"WHAT HAPPENED?!?" Jace shouted again.
"Well, I stared freaking out because I was remembering things then forgetting things and she asked if this would help and well, she grabbed me by the shoulders and kissed me" Felix said remembering everything.
"Woooow.. So how was it?" Jace asked while grinning.
"Is Melody a good kisser?" Jace added.
"Ew" Felix said making a face
"Well is she?" Jace asked.
"I don't know..." Felix said awkwardly, not knowing how to answer.
"So did you like it?" Jace asks, wanting to see what Felix will say.
"Not really, it kinda weirded me out, and not to mention I wasn't expecting it" Felix said with a shrug.
"You're the only sixteen-year-old on the planet that would say that." Jace says in shock.
"Not really, I'm sure not every guy would love that, some are gay" Felix said.
"Yeah, guess so. Like you." Jace says laughing.
Felix just shrugged.
"Hey I'm just kidding.." Jace says, thinking he said something wrong.
"It's fine" Felix said looking down at his bed.
"So.. How would you think of Melody as a girlfriend?" Jace asks with a grin.
"That would be weird... She's my friend... Besides I told Jacob there's nothing between us, and there never was, I don't understand how she suddenly likes me now." Felix said confused.
"I don't know.. I guess something about when Jacob accused you two of liking each other made Melody see you in a different way. But who knows, girls can be crazy. Specially that girl." Jace says while laughing.
"Wait... How do you remember that?" Jace asks, all laughter gone and his expression replaced with a serious one.
"Remember what?" Felix asked.
"The thing with Jacob." Jace said.
"Oh.. I don't know, I just remember it" Felix said not really knowing how he suddenly remembers it.
"Okay.." Jace says, eying Felix.
"How about we go get some breakfast." Jace says and gets up.
"I'm not hungry" Felix says looking down.
"What's wrong? You're acting really weird.. Did anything else happen on your.. Ice cream trip?" Jace asks, wondering what's going on.
"No, that's pretty much it" Felix said not feeling like telling him the rest.
"Felix I can tell your lying. Something did happen.. Something bad. Come on, I'm your best friend, you can tell me." Jace says, wondering what it could be.
"It's nothing, c'mon lets just go eat breakfast" Felix said getting up.
"I thought you weren't hungry?" Jace asked with a laugh.
"I'm not, but we're going to have to head to the cafeteria, find out what we're doing today" Felix said not fully lying.
"You're right. Man, I hope Elliot has those chocolate chip pancakes and not something gross like oatmeal." Jace says as they walk to the cafeteria.
Felix just nods his head.
Jace gives him a look for acting not like himself, and opens the cafeteria door.
When they go in they see Ella, Zoey, and Mackenzie all sitting at a table watching Melody and Elliot fighting about something from behind the counter.
"What the heck?! That's sick!" Melody yells at Elliot.
"What's going on?" Jace asks Zoey who is closest to him.
"Well.. Apparently Melody has to work in the cafeteria.. And well, we walked in and they were already fighting." Zoey tried to explain, but doesn't really know what happened.
"Why do you want me to put chicken in Felix's pancakes? That's just plain rude!" Melody yells at Elliot again.
"It's unhealthy! He doesn't get any protein! Plus that essay he wrote got me in trouble with the teachers!" Elliot yells back.
"Umm.. He's right here.. Just so you know." Jace says over the arguing and points to Felix.
They both stop and immediately turn their heads in his direction.
Melody looks away after making eye contact with Felix, feeling her face turn red.
Elliot gives them all a dirty look and walks into the kitchen, away from them.
"Welcome to food and cafe what do you want for breakfast." Melody asks them like she was told to, sounding bored.
"Did you cook the food?" Mackenzie asked.
"Some of it." Melody said, grinning.
She put a few containers of pancakes and muffins on the counter.
"Help yourself." She says.
"Sweet" Jace says as he grabs a muffin, along with Kenzie
Zoey and Ella both grab some pancakes and start to pour some maple syrup onto it.
"Felix you want anything?" Melody asks after seeing he didn't take anything.
"I didn't poison it if that's what you think." She adds with a laugh.
"I'm not hungry" he says blankly.
"Okay.." Melody says while taking a bite out of a muffin.
"This is really good." Ella said through a mouthful of pancakes.
"Thanks." Melody says with a laugh.
"So what did you do to make Jordan make you work here?" Zoey asks.
"Nothing." Melody says, not wanting to explain the whole thing.
"Really? So you were just sitting there doing nothing and Jordan walks up to you and tells you to work in the cafeteria for a week?" Zoey asks sarcastically.
"It's a long story." Melody says, glancing over at Felix.
"Hey guys where's Joey?" Ella asks looking around not noticing him this morning.
As if on cue, Mitch shoves Joey into the cafeteria.
"Go!" Mitch yells before slamming the door.
Everyone stares blankly at Joey, who glares at all of them in response.
"Hey Joey, wanna sit here?" Zoey asks while pointing to the seat next to her.
"No." Joey says with no emotion.
"Want something to eat? There's a lot of food." Mackenzie asks, gesturing to the containers.
"No, I'm not eating the gross stuff they call food that this 'camp' makes you eat." Joey says with a disgusted look on his face.
"Yeah, but this isn't 'gross camp food'." Mackenzie says, imitating his voice.
"I'm still not eating it" Joey said glaring at the food.
"Okay. Hope you all ate, because it's time to get down to business." Casey says as he walks into the cafeteria.
"The storm had minor damage to camp, and you know the drill, work together to clean up the mess." Casey continues.
"We have assigned groups of two for you to work with, and then we'll just put Joey with two others." Carly says while holding a clipboard with the groups.
"Melody and Jace."
"Kenzie and Ella."
"Felix, Zoey, and Joey."
Carly says as she reads off the list.
"This shouldn't take too long, but there will be a reward if you stay on task, and finish with no major problems." Carly says.
"You need to work with your groups to get things done. And no fighting." Mitch adds, looking at the group with Joey.
Everyone leaves the cafeteria and gets ready to start cleaning up the camp.
-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-
Another long chapter this week! Hope you liked it!!