"Don't involve her," Lucan mumbles harshly, barely audible to hear. I look back at Dani and she is standing, scowling at Lucan.

"I wasn't," I tell him.

Dani grabs my other arm and pulls me away from Lucan's grasp, but fails. His hand remains on my arm but he didn't pull me back. Dani then grabs Lucan's grasp on me and attempts to make him release his grasp.

"Dani, it's alright," I tell her.

"No, it isn't. He shouldn't just grab people like that. He should learn to respect people's privacy," Dani objects.

We're capturing a few people's attention, including Isaac's. I spot multiple eyes looking at the scene that Dani and Lucan were making. Lucan scowls at Dani and Dani returns the look.

"I need to speak to Senera," Lucan says through clenched teeth.

Dani shakes her head, "No. You're not allowed to, especially after the way you have pulled her up like that. You could be more gentle next time," Dani is beyond enraged.

I finally pitch in. "Guys, stop it. I'm fine and Dani is right, Lucan. You shouldn't grab people like that," I frown at Lucan. Lucan finally releases me and takes a step back.

"That's right. Go away," Dani says proudly.

I roll my eyes, "What did you want to tell me, Lucan?" I ask. I couldn't tell him to go. He might have information about what is happening.

"In private," is all he said. Dani crosses her arm.

"Alright," I reply. I look at Dani giving her a reassuring smile before turning to Lucan. Lucan grabs my bag and I follow him back into the school building. Everyone is outside today so barely anyone would be inside, except for those who hate the sun.

By the time we reach an empty area in school, Lucan returns my bag. "What did you want to tell me?" I ask.

"You can't involve her in any of this. You can't even tell her the smallest detail of anything," he tells me. "Better yet, you should not be hanging out with her at all."

I frown, "Excuse me. I wasn't going to tell her anything if that's what you're worried about. Besides, I can hang out with whomever I want," I say stubbornly.

He growls, "No, you should not. Why do you think Isaac and I have no other friends? We try to avoid everyone purposely so everyone will be safe," he explains. "If anyone finds out that we are the Night Watcher, they could be in trouble. They can't be close enough with us because of the risk of them finding out."

It made sense. "I'm not a Night Watcher," I reply.

"Yes, you are. Clearly, you are," he disagrees.

"No, I'm not. Just because I want to stop the war coming doesn't mean I'm a Night Watcher. I have never agreed to join your group."

"Being a Whisperer makes you a Night Watcher, whether you join us or not. You're already one," he replies.

I cross my arms. "That's lonely," I point out. I can't live a life where I can't be friends with anyone except for the Night Watchers.

"That's our destiny," he mutters.

That will not happen with me. I don't care. "Abraham Donovan is linked to the war," I say, changing the subject.

"How do you know?" he asks.

"Because I was killed, forced to die on the place that Abraham Donovan died," I state.

He shakes his head, "That could be a coincidence," he states.

"Draven said that he is involved," I say.