Part 2

Well sometimes when you're in love, life has a way of knocking you down and daring you to get back up again. And when Serenity and Michael were almost through a year of dating they couldn't seem to see eye to eye. For Michael life had chosen him and it really broke him. Serenity had a job in midtown and she had to drive two hours there and back home. Well Michael tried the job thing but it didn't quite work out. His mom had a friend well sort of not a friend just a unwanted business partner who went by Teri, but his real name was Terrance handover. Teri was a man that Michael knew from coming in and out the house with his mom. Teri was the man of the streets he was big and built no one dared to who he was and if you didn't know you had better question one of his workers to find out. Pretty much everyone knew Teri from the incident with Michael's dad. He owed Teri for a deal he did and instead of paying Teri Michael's dad Mitchy fled with the money and no one ever heard from him, well when it was past time for Mitchy to pay up Teri sent out to search for him but it was too late. Mitchy stayed in a hotel called The express inn and was found dead. Killed by a mafia that was also staying in the hotel Mitchy laid in his bed and bled to death he was shot twenty times according to another resident in the hotel, they heard arguing, Mitchy didn't want to give up the money but the man he was arguing with said "he had just seen him in the lobby with two duffle bags full of it" Mitchy was said to have hit the gentlemen and the resident said she heard "Gunshots" by her count it could have been 15. But the Report said by their count twenty. So when Teri found out,  he decided that if he couldn't get his money that way, that Marcy would have to work off her husband's debt. Teri gave her two options. One was that she would either have to make her house into a trap spot or she would have to get naked. Michael knew about the deal but he didn't know what choice she made. But from what his mom told him about his dad that he was planning on taking us from the city and starting a new life somewhere far away, Michael didn't really think that was what his father had planned but he accepted it because he didn't want to put that type of pressure on his mom. Michael thought that the stories about his dad were just made up excuses he really didn't care to be honest Michael only knew Marcy (his mom, friend, and his caregiver,someone who showed him how to love a woman and take care of her.) Serenity on the other hand had problems of her own. After her father worked 30 years for a company he got sick. He was told he had a tumor that was aggressively spreading throughout his body. His insurance paid for the surgery but the doctors told Serenity that the tumor turned into aggressive cancer and it was No procedure that his insurance could or couldn't pay for to have done because it had already took over his body. Well Serenity was working one late night and she got a call that her dad was in the hospital. She rushed to the hospital and in traffic, she ran a red light and had an accident, she was injured but not badly the doctor said "if you were going any faster you could have been killed." Serenity wasn't worried about her own life her dad was on her mind. When she rushed to his room the nurses said they had him on life support, and they didn't know how long he had. She walked slowly to the bed and he was resting. Awaken by her presence he said, "I thought you had to work.", "I did" she replied. "Well why are you here?" "Dad." "she said you know why." "I'm okay." he said "go back to work"  she said "I can't leave you dad." "Yes you can and you will." Slowly grunting he could barely talk. The tumor took over all of his nerves and muscles."I love you." He said "I love you too dad." And she slowly walked out the door. The next morning she could barely think right. She was up worried about him. She hadn't had any sleep and she was tired from work. So she dozed off. About 5 minutes later she woke up to a call that informed her on her father's death, the nurses said they wanted to keep him longer but he said "pull the plug I don't want to suffer anymore." After the funeral Serenity had not spoken to anyone not even Michael. Confused by their status Michael called, After she told him everything Michael couldn't believe it. They got together and discussed their life. Michael told her how he couldn't find a job but he knew everything would work out. Serenity offered him a job where she worked and he didn't accept it do to his pride. So Serenity said they couldn't be together she had "too much on her plate to deal with a relationship." She didn't want Michael to feel like it was the end she just wanted him too get on his feet not for her but for his family. She felt like she needed time to think and some space from all the loneliness she felt without him and her father. So they both parted ways with a hug and a kiss goodbye Michael said "no see you later." And after that both wished each other a happy life and If they ever came back together that everything would surely be happily ever after !