Bad Karma and a Good Dose of Charm

I don't think the prince knew his own feelings for the princess. His care and worry for her were worthy of admiration. One could clearly see that he cared for the princess more than his own life. But all I could think about was what I had lost. I was abandoned by my family if you could call it one. I lost the one man I trusted and I may even lose my life after this, for having troubled the princess so much. I guess people like me don't deserve a chance to be happy. I must have committed some abhorrent crimes in my previous life to have such bad karma. God must be punishing me for all my sins.

I just hoped that the prince and princess found their happiness. I walked with the Prince and I saw some guards, he looked at me and gave me a brief nod. I nodded back and turned my charm on. I sashayed towards the guards. They looked at me and their eyes popped out. They tried to block the passage but they were just melting to their feet, it was disgusting. I spoke in a caress, "Oh, kind gentlemen! Let me pass." They struggled to remain composed and tried to sound intimidating. Their attempts were pathetic.

"What are you doing so late at night? Why should we let you pass?" they asked.

"I was picking some herbs for my skin, sir. They can only be seen in the dark," I responded.

They seemed to be thinking of my stupid excuse, I was scared that we would be caught but the excuse seemed to be working. They pondered over it for a few seconds and they asked me, "where are the herbs then?" I clapped my hands and the Prince came out with a big bag hiding his face.

"There, now can I pass," I asked with a flutter of my eyelashes.

"You will owe us a favor after this," they said.

I was horrified by their greedy natures but I couldn't show it. I just fluttered my eyelashes again and said, "Of course, I know." They let me pass with the prince. I led him to the corridor where the Prime Minister's office was. "Come on, I said."

I picked the lock with the princess's wrench, the prince noticed. "I gave this to Avantika, what are you doing with it?" he accusingly asked me.

So, that's why she was so careful with it and kept it in that expensive pouch I thought. "I had to get out and I saw she had it on her and so I borrowed it for a while. I'll give it back, don't you worry. I may be many things but I am not a thief." He seemed to believe me and we walked inside. I opened the passage and the princess leaped up with the dagger in her hand.

She seemed on guard when she saw me but I just moved aside to show her the prince. She looked surprised but ran to the prince and the prince wrapped his arms around her. She whispered to him but I could still hear her, "I was so scared, I thought I would never get out."

He looked at her and said, "Don't you trust me to come for you?"

She nodded her head through her tears and said, "I just didn't know how you would find me."

He smirked and said, "well, I was always the best at hide and seek and you know it."

She scowled at him and said, " you were not"

"I was"

"Were not"

I just cleared my throat and said, "as fun as it is to see you two fight like a married couple, I'd rather do it when my life isn't hanging in the balance." The princess just blushed and the prince's look just hardened. Then we heard the door open with a bang and a bunch of footsteps running behind. We decided to stay in the passages and hoped that we were not discovered. I smiled inwardly when I saw the prince hold the princess's hand. But, my face soon lost color as I heard his voice.