"Are you old enough to be here, ma'am?" asked the male voice, sounded annoyed. I can tell he's a bartender by the looks of it. He's tall, gray eyed, bald, and have a stern but anxious look.

        Sighing, I digged into my backpack and took out my Gucci wallet and took out my ID so I can show it to him. As I glanced around me, I noticed there's few people in the bar and there isn't a bar maid in sight. After the guy scanning my ID, he nodded in approvement. He handed it back to me and I stuffed my ID in my wallet.

        "What can I get you?" he asked, taking out his notepad from his apron.

        "Um...whiskey please," I answered, softly. He nodded and walked away. As I watched him walk away, I became curious of why he's all anxious. What if he's a hunter? I thought, nervous. My wolf wants to get out and want to head back to the woods, or somewhere safe. Whatever. Let it happen. I don't deserve to live, I suggested, trying to feel strong when I'm really terrified. I glanced back at the window and tried to think something...calm when I ended up distracted by what some guys are saying about me in the bar.

        "...She's pretty hot," some guy said, feeling his gaze on my face. "What do you think of me hooking up with her? She looks like she's good in bed. What do you think? " sounded like he got up, his voice grew lustful.

        "I bet you 100 bucks she'll turn you down," exclaimed his friend, hearing him smile, sounded amused. "And who knows if she is good in bed," he shrugged.

        "Oh, please. No girl ever turns me down," he disagreed, walking toward me. "I'm a good-looking guy where every girl falls at my feet just the sight of me," hearing him smile, sounded proud of it too.

        I snorted quietly and softly. Concieted ass, I remarked, annoyed. I felt his presence as he took the seat in front of me. I didn't glance or spoke to him.

        "How you doin,' babe?" he asked, still watching my features, smiling.

        "Go away," I murmured softly, annoyed.

        "Aw,don't be like that, baby," he declined, in a cheery tone.

        "I said go away," I repeated, irratated as I turned my head toward him and gave him a hard stare.

        "Now, don't-" he tried to say, disappointed. He's dark haired and gray eyed and yeah he's good looking alright, but he's way out of my league.

        "Jeremy, go back to your seat and don't bother her," suggested the guy who I talked to him before. I found out that he's the bartender.

       But where's the barmaid? I thought, curious.

        "Hey, Joe, why don't you mind your own business and get back to work like a good boy," responded the guy in front of me, Jeremy, annoyed. Then, he turned to me with a smile on his charming face. "So, babe, what do you say of coming-" he tried to say, his eyes grow lustful.

        "I said go away. What are you? Deaf?" I retorted, giving him the cold gaze. Before he could speak, I grabbed him by his front shirt and harshly pulled him toward me and growled, "if you wont leave me alone, you'll wish that you were dead right now than later." He smiled at first, but as he looked into my eyes his smile faltered. I pushed him and he fell along with the chair, looking shocked. "Now scram!" I bellowed, glaring at him with disgust as he skedaddled away from me and ran toward the door. I glanced at his friends, narrowing my eyes at them, daring them. "Are you guys going to have a problem with me and Joe here?" I challenged while Joe looked surprised when I mentioned him. They shake their heads, looking even more shocked. I grinned as I said, "good," while I stood up and walked toward the stool to sit across from Joe.

        "You shouln't have done that," Joe muttered, paling a bit for some reason.

        I frowned at him, disappointed. "What do you mean? Do you want to let him say something like that to you?" I asked, disappointed.

        "No, of coarse not. But his father..." he trailed off, frowning as he wiped the inside of the glass.

        "His father...what?" I replied, curious, forgetting about my own problems. The door opened and in came a handsome tired human guy. He's tall, muscular, black wet hair because of the rain, brown warm eyes, and fair toned skin. He collapsed right next to me and ordered a drink. I decided not to look distracted by his good- looks and tried to pay attention to what Joe have to say.

        "Well, his father gave me this bar because I've wanted to work as a bartender," he answered, sighing.

        "And?" I probbed, getting even more interested as Joe handed me my drink.

       "And I took it right away, don't know what will be in stores for me," he explained, shaking his head, disappointed.

        "So he gave you the bar. So what's the problem?" I asked, frowning.

        "The problem is if I make one mistake, he'll take my job. He bargains with people and I should've paid close attention to what my friends and family says about him," he shakes his head, soberly.

        "How did you guys meet then?" I asked, curious.

        "At the casino," answered the guy next to me, shaking his head at him in disapproval. "You should've listened, Joe. But, no, you just have to go get the bar because it's your dream job," he muttered, taking a sip of his drink. "And oh, my names Derek Adams by the way," he introduced himself with a warm smile my way, extending his hand.

       "Diana. Diana Philips," I introduced myself, shaking his hand while my stomach felt like butterfly wings, locking gaze with him, giving him a smile.

        And that's where I end up finding a job at the bar, getting all cozy with Derek at his place and getting to know him very well, and most of all coming late to the Brown's house- which I don't care much any more. It felt like my life turned into a maze that takes me in the wrong route everywhere I turn. But when I met Derek, it felt like I'm in the right track, probably.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ok I know I took too looooong on this chapter but I have other things to do at home like doing my chores and....packing. We're moving soon so be patient with me when I'm not on the comp. or having problems with the internet. k?

So what do you think of this chapter? What do you think of the sexy Derek? 

VOTE!! COMMENT!! And please give me a 100