Twenty-six

Hakeem and Malia are standing inside of their living room, his vein visible in his neck as their voice are raised and anger is evident in their body language.

"You act like you are victim every time, I never cheated on you. I was at the studio late and that's it" Hakeem yells.

"It's not like you don't have a reputation for it" Malia yells back.

"You are so damn insecure" he yells.

"Don't call me insecure" she yells back.

"I don't have to spend every minute with you! You aren't my only family, yes you are my wife but sometimes I need to get away from you" he yells at her.

"Then you shouldn't have married me! As my husband the 'i' becomes 'we' Hakeem, you moved in here and you proposed" she yells poking her finger in his chest when a loud cry erupts from the metal detector and a red light flashes.

        Hakeem shakes his head and grabs his coat and car keys walking over to the door as she picks up the baby monitor.

"Where the hell are you going" Malia asks?

"Away from your crazy ass. You can always track my phone if you don't trust me, but for you that's an everyday thing" he snarls and slams the door behind him as he walks out making her flinch and tears build in her eyes.

       She blinks away more tears and wipes off her cheeks before heading upstairs and into the nursery, Reign is on her back and her little face is red as tears roll down her cheeks. Malia reaches over in the crib and picks her daughter up in her arms and sits down in the chair rocking her, she gently coos her daughter as she prepares to feed her before putting her back to bed.

-X-
    Malia sits up the next morning to see Hakeem's side of the bed is still made up and cold, so he didn't come home or sleep here last night. It stings a little before she climbs out of bed and walks across the hall to Reign's nursery to see that she is still asleep, this is hers and Hakeem's first fight since being married.

         Hearing the front door open, she makes her way downstairs to see Hakeem walk in. He drops his keys on the stand by the door before closing the door, his hood on his head shielding half of his face. He looks up seeing her standing at the bottom of the staircase, he slips out of his boots and moves into the living room ignoring her and she feels the tear building in her chest again.

          She follows behind him and he lies on the couch and tosses one arm across his eyes, the other hand has his phone and is lying across his stomach.

"So you aren't going to speak to me" she asks crossing her arms.

"Nothing to say" Hakeem mutters.

"You didn't come home yesterday" she says.

"Didn't want to deal with you" he says back.

"You're making me sound like someone I'm not" Malia states.

"I didn't accuse you of cheating, I didn't call you a hoe, I don't have trust issues. That's all you. Only reason I came home is because of our daughter" he says and Malia nods at him.

         She makes her way out of the room and into their studio, Hakeem exhales and tries to fall back asleep when he hears music playing before he hears her faint singing. He makes his way upstairs to block out the sound and crawls into bed falling asleep. Meanwhile, Malia is doing a cover of K. Michelle 'I Don't Like Me'. She then sings Paula DeAnda 'Doing Too Much' and another song by her. Once she is done, she makes her way to the kitchen as Rhonda calls her.

       Her back is facing the kitchen doorway as tears fall down her cheeks, their argument replaying in her mind.

"Of course I don't want Hakeem to leave me" Malia says.