Epilogue

It has been five years since Malia and Hakeem have gotten together, Zahir is five while Payton is four and Prince and Reign will be five in two months. Michael and Jamal are on their way back from their honeymoon in Aruba, which Luscious paid for and yes they got married. It was just only family and friends, nothing too big. Everyone is sitting around Luscious house, because he says that he has a surprise for everyone but isn't telling anyone what is it.

        Payton and Reign are playing tea in the corner of the living room, Zahir and Prince are playing with their electronic boxers they got for Christmas.

"It has been five years since I met you that one night in the club" Hakeem says as he wraps his arms around Malia from behind, she tilts her head back so it rests on his shoulder.

"And every since then my life has been complete, I have two wonderful children and a loving yet dysfunctional family. But I wouldn't trade it in for anything" she says.

"Can you two stop being so cute" Cookie says dipping in her cup of water and dashing it on them.

         The couple laughs and try to shield their faces, when Rhonda runs into the kitchen.

"Their car just pulled up" she says.

"Oh get ready" Cookie says and everyone dashes into the foyer and closes the double doors. They hear the front door open and they hide behind couches and the chairs.

       The double doors slide open and everyone jumps and screams Welcome Home.

"Welcome home babies" Cookie announces and walks over giving both Jamal and Michael kisses on their cheeks.

"Where are my little munchkins" Jamal asks?

      Payton, Zahir, Prince and Reign all run towards Jamal and Michael who bend down to hug each child.

"Welcome back" Malia says pulling both Michael and Jamal into a firm hug.

-X-
"I'm so serious nobody should be that terrible at surfing" Michael says as everyone laughs as he recalls Jamal trying to surf the lowest wave but still falling into the water.

"Whatever" Jamal says raising his glass to his lips and taking a sip of his red wine.

"Excuse me I have an announcement to make, well your mother and I" Lucious says and stands up with his glass in his hand.

"What's up pops" Andre asks?

"We have decided to retire from the rap business, we have been at it for thirty plus years. We are proud of what Empire of become, and we are leaving it all three of our sons. We know that together all three of you can overcome anything, so Andre you are now CEO of Empire. Jamal you are CFO of Empire. Hakeem you are CEO of Lyon Dynasty, Rhonda you are still head director of Anthony and Cleopatra. Malia you are now head of A&R of Empire and Lyon Dynasty" Luscious says.

"Are you serious" Jamal asks?

"Yes we are. You three will run Empire together, everything you decide will be based on what you three agree with. Remember Empire is your legacy" Cookie says.

"To the Empire" Lucious says and raises his glass.

"To the Empire" everyone else cheers and smiles, as Cookie and Luscious look around the room. Three generations of Lyons, together and happy as a real family should be.

"I think we are going to be alright" Cookie whispers to Luscious as she sees her grandchildren sitting at their kid's table and laughter filling their ears.

"Yeah Cookie Monster we will be" Luscious says and leans over pressing a kiss to her head making her beam brightly.

The End!