"I'm not mad you left earlier."

He's mad about earlier, about how I hesitated to reply if I still wanted to marry him.

"I'm bothered by the fact that you agreed to marriage when you do not share the feelings I have for you."

My heart thumps loudly in my chest, sinking only to my stomach as I can feel my throat become dry.

"Do you want to marry me?"

He raises an eyebrow.

"I thought I was the one to ask that," he states, watching me as I lean against the railing with my back, meeting his gaze. "I thought I was the one to question you."

Shaking my head, I take in a deep breath. "I want to know if you really want to marry me," I explain. "I want to know if you want to marry me because I am a rogue..." My eyes begin to water. "Or if you want to marry me because you love me."

"Why would I care if you are a rogue?!" He remarks, becoming frustrated as the wind blows hard. "Why would I give a damn?! You've seen me, you see that I am not afraid to brag to the Council and Senate about you. I am not ashamed of you being a rogue, I want to marry you because I love you."

I remember the day we met, how he got my purse back and I hit my attacker right in the family jewels. "But now you hesitate."

"I hesitated because I was unsure of what I had heard," I explain, throwing my head back as I look at the night sky. How can someone do this to me? Make me feel things I never thought I could feel? Make me push past all common sense as I cared about them? How does Zion do it? How did he do it? "Because of my parent's death."

He raises an eyebrow, turning to face me as the noise of cars below calm me down. For some reason, the sounds of cars passing bye, some honking, just helps me out in stressful times.

"I told you I did not kill the-

"You asked me if I trusted you!" I snap. "You asked me if I trusted you and told me that that's all I would ever need to know. But guess what, Zion, guess what!" I shout, my anger rising. "You cannot just ask someone I they trust you and not give them the answer."

His face hardens.

"People have been telling me to not trust you, people like Sebastian, Trent, and even that insane elf lady that always appears."

"Appears?" He asks, raising an eyebrow as I watch the moonlight make his facial features become sharper than knives.

"She warned me about you, how I should not trust you, about how I should leave before I was too late."

Suddenly, I'm against a wall, a body flush against mine as my wolf wants to be loose. Zion's eyes are pitch black, his canines extending as my eyes widen as big as tennis balls. With his chest rising falling quickly, I know he is trying to control his wolf, to keep it down.

"You. Are. Mine."

He's getting possessive, completely pissed off that someone would tell me to leave his side. To leave him all alone. To take away what he claims as his. "I am only your's if I agree," I snap, pushing at his chest, gaining a bit more room to breath. "I want to trust you, Zion, but I have barely known you. Hell, I don't even know your stupid favorite color."

He lets me go, moving away and back to the railing. He just stands there, staring at me, his eyes turning back to gold.

Tears begin to fall, my hands quickly wiping them away as he just stays silent. He knows I am right, he knows we barely even know one another. Sure, we get along well for the most part, we are compatible, and he never looses my interest, but we both know we barely know the other. To think we are engaged.