11. All Together Now

We were sitting on the big black couch playing Xbox360, when the door bell rang. As soon as we heard it, me and Joe tried to get up and race to the door as fast as we could. We have always done this for as long as we can remember, and have lots of battle scars to prove it. Being the two biggest klutzes in the family, we have run into each other and into furniture, door frames, and other people more times than should be humanly possible.

We were not ready for what happened this time though.

As soon as the door bell rang, Kevin threw himself on top of Joe holding him down, while Nick did the same with me.

Joe "What the...? STOP!"

Jess "Get off of me!"

Kevin "Do you promise not to race downstairs and hurt yourself in the process?"

Joe "Dude, you're ruining everything! I would have so won this time!"

Jess "In your dreams! And Nick, I swear if you don't get off of me within the next 5 seconds I will kick you in the JJ's!"

Dad *in doorway* "First off, what did I tell you about 'swearing', lil' missy! Secondly, boys, get off your siblings! And thirdly, and I probably don't want to know and am going to regret asking but, baby girl, what in the world are "JJ's"?"

Nick *groans and slaps his forehead*

Jess *straightens out her hair, clothes, sits up, and grins widely* "Jonas Jewels."

Kevin *falls off couch laughing*

Joe "Nice!"

Dad *squints eyes* "I think you and me are gonna have a talk later."

Jess "No! What? Why? I didn't do anything!"

Dad "I'm just messing with you! And I'm not even going to ask why you were all wrestling on the couch but what I actually came here for was to tell you that Gabriela is here."

Jess *eyes light up immediately* "She IS????"

Dad *nods head, smiles* "She's in the kitchen with your mom."

Jess *jumps up and is about to leave the media room*

Dad "And Jess!!!"

Jess *turns around* "Yes?"

Dad "No more swearing, wrestling, and certainly no more threats to crush anyone's.....JJ's!"

Jess *leaves room laughing her butt off*

I ran as fast as I could, trying not to trip, down the stairs into the kitchen where I found mom, Big Rob, and.....G.

As soon as I spotted her and she saw me we both hugged and squealed like little fan girlies at one of my brothers' concerts.

Mom *laughs* "OK, OK, keep it down! My poor ears."

G & Jess "Sorry!"

G "OMG Jess how are you feeling? You look a lot better than last time I saw you!"

Jess *makes a face* "I love how everyone keeps saying that....Big Rob said the same thing earlier."

Mom *sad look on her face*

Big Rob "Sorry, Ms Jessica, we're just glad you're doing better again!"

G "Exactly! Look at you!"

Jess "I know....and I know, I am quite gorgeous!" *smiles big*

Mom *smiles, shakes head, jokes* "You need to spend less time with Joseph. I think he's rubbing off on you."

Joe *walking down the stairs* "I heard that! *walks up to G, gives her a side hug* "Hey G! How have you been?"