6. As the Vines Unravel...

When we got downstairs Joe and dad were already waiting for us.

Dad "Oh good, I finally got you all together. You guys are like ants....as soon as I think I got you all, there's always at least one of you that just gets away and disappears to somewhere else around the house. *laughing at his own joke*. Let's go!"

We all just kind of looked at each other and smiled making our way towards a black SUV in the driveway.

Dad *getting into the driver's side* "Get in kids, come on!"

Joe *opening passenger side door, to Jess* "After you, Ms Jonas"

Jess "Nah, that's OK, you go sit up front."

Joe "No no no, it's ladies first."

Jess "Exactly. You sit in the front."

Joe "Are you saying I'm a girl?"

Kevin *giggling in the background*

Jess *smiles* "Um, sure. If that's what you want to be..."

Joe was just about to say something, when Nick interrupted.

Nick "Are you kidding me? Guys just get in the car, seriously!" *pushes past Joe and Jess and slips into the passenger seat up front*

Kevin *shakes head and walks around the car to get in on the other side*

Joe "Fine, Nicholas, we will both sit in the back but just so you know it is

kind of rude to not let the girl go first!"

Jess *rolls eyes* "Just get in Joey!"

Joe "Aww you can't use the "Joey" card on me and be all cute and think that this way you will get me to..."

"JOSEPH ADAM JONAS will you please just get in the car....same goes for you missy!"

Yup, that was dad. His head just popped out of the car out of nowhere. Quite comical, now thinking about it....but you should have seen how fast I brushed past Joe and jumped into the car taking the middle seat right next to Kevin. I really did not want to get in trouble and I had a feeling that that was exactly where I was headed, had I kept the argument going. Even though I had to admit to myself, it was kind of funny. I would have probably even smiled about it but I just did not feel like getting grounded or whatever other punishment dad would have in store for me.

Joe finally decided to grace us with his presence, too, and got into the car, slamming the door shut.

Dad "Seat belts everyone, and we're out of here."

Jess *thinking* Whoa, I don't feel too good....ugh...of course, dad's meeting is at the other end of town, L.A. traffic taken into consideration, this is probably going to be a 45 minute drive or so...if we're lucky ...

Dad "Listen, kids. Big Rob will meet you guys at the mall. He should get there a little before we will. It's Tuesday morning...late morning but still. There shouldn't be too many people out at that mall. It's a smaller one, too BUT I still want you to be careful and stick together."

Nick "We will, dad. No worries. *smiles* Like there's any way we would let Jess out of our view." *turns around to look at Jess, smile fades quickly* "Jess? Are you alright?"

Jess "I'm be fine"

Nick "Jess!"

Jess "Nick! I'm fine,I told you"

Nick *exchanges glance with dad, grabs Jess' meter out of his satchel* "Jess!" *turns around to face her* "here!" *offers Jess her glucose meter*

Jess "What do I need that for? I am fine. I just feel a little ....blah."