Chapter 1

Image of Dawn above

Dawns POV

I slowly wake up to the sound of Miss Cathy's annoying voice telling us all to wake up, it's a Thursday so there shouldn't be anyone coming to adopt, adoption times range from Friday to Sunday, nine A.M, to seven P.M. Thank god there Isn't one today, I spent all night up wondering when I'll get adopted, and of coarse listening to music, I quickly get up and get ready, Oh I can't believe I almost forgot, there is a music fest today, I still haven't finished my contest form, there is a contest. If your name gets pulled from the hat, you win two hundred dollars and a guitar! I've always wanted my own guitar, when I lived with my bio mother and father, I learned how to play. I begin to quickly get dressed, I quickly put on my white 'I'm with the band' tee, Black skinny jeans that are ripped at the knees, different colored bracelets, a grey hat that says 'Para More' in black on it, my black and white vans, and finally my white Jansport bag filled with things for people to sign, because, who knows who might be there.

 I begin to quickly get dressed, I quickly put on my white 'I'm with the band' tee, Black skinny jeans that are ripped at the knees, different colored bracelets, a grey hat that says 'Para More' in black on it, my black and white vans, and finally...

Outfit above /\

I quickly throw my hair into a fishtail side braid and begin to fill out the contest form,

Name: Dawn 

Age: 13

Adress: Miss Cathy Obrien's home for young girls

Country: Australia

City: Melbourne

Done, finally. I quickly throw my form into my Jansport bag, and grab my phone and earbuds, I go downstairs, not bothering to eat anything or talk to anyone. I don't really have any friends here, actually, everyone here pretty much hates me, except for Miss Cathy, I'm her favorite since I behave. I plug my earbuds into my phone and insert them into my ears, I put on my All Time Low Playlist because, seriously, who doesn't like them? I quietly hum along to Missing you as I get on the bus and make my way to the festival. (A/N I live in Canada so don't judge how many mistakes I make) As the bus slows to a stop I thank the driver and quickly jump out of the bus, and take out my earbuds I begin to walk through the large crowd of people, and look around for the contest submission center, when I finally find it I quickly walk towards it avoiding eye contact with people for no apparent reason, as I'm walking I walk into a tree,

"who put that tree there?" I mumbled slowly looking up, instead of being met with a tree, I was met with a person.

"I'm so sorry, are you okay?" He asked extending his arm to help me up,

"don't be," I replied while taking his hand as he helped me up "I should of been more aware of my surroundings" He just shrugged.

"My names Luke" he told me, he was quite tall, but then again I'm really short only 4'9 so I had to look up to see his face.

"My names Dawn" I told him, he smiled, I looked behind him to see three other guys,

"These are my friends," he told me while pointing to each one "Ashton" he said gesturing to the one with curly hair, "Michael" He said pointing to one with blue hair, "and finally Calum" he said pointing to the one with black hair.

"Nice to meet you" I said to them, they all smiled and nodded in response.

"May we join you?" Calum I think asked,

"Umm sure, I guess" I said and smiled at them "I was just going to enter myself into a contest" I told them.

A few hours later

It's been so fun hanging out with the boys, I found out that they were in a band, called Five Seconds of Summer, and they were on tour. I ended up telling them I lived in an orphanage, they were quite shocked, I ended up crying when Michael asked how I got into the orphanage, but Luke comforted me, and told me every thing would be okay. It's almost time for the contest results, the guys and I were gathered near the stage. When the announcer guy came up to tell us who won, everyone went quiet.

"The lucky winner of the draw is... Dawn from Miss Cathy's orphanage!" As I walked up there was some cheers, and some boo's, but I didn't care, I was just so happy that I was finally getting what I wanted after years of waiting. When I went back the boys congratulated me.

"Um, guys, I have to go now," I said tears beginning to well up in my eyes, I may have just met them but they already feel like family to me.

"No, you can't leave us" they all shouted

"I-I'm sorry, but it's already past my curfew, I'm probably in enough trouble as it is" I said sadly 

"Well you have to let us drive you home" Michael said sternly I just nodded

"But there are only four seats" Ashton said disappointingly.

"You can sit on my lap!" Luke said happily, I agreed to sitting on his lap in the car, we all started running, me on Luke's back, Ashton holding my stuff. We got into the car and began driving. When I saw the orphanage I burst into tears hiding my face in Luke's chest soaking his shirt,

"hey, it's okay," Luke said rubbing my back comforting me,

"I-I know I said sadly, I'm just going to miss you guys" I sniffed, they all cooed at me. I got of Luke's lap and sadly opened the car door to get out, as I stepped out and began walking towards the orphanage I heard running from behind me, I turned and saw Luke looking at me happily, I just turned back and walked through the orphanage doors, when Miss Cathy ran up to me.

"Dawn I was so worried, when you didn't come back-" she started before looking behind me "who is this?" She asked pointing at Luke, before I could answer Luke but in.

"My name is Lucas Robert Hemmings and I was wondering if I could adopt Dawn."