water • km

"Good morning everyone, and welcome to examination day. All the females gather to the right side of the room, and the males to the left."

Here we go.

I look around the hall. Everything is white, as usual. That's how it is, and has been for the past 5 years.

Before the Society, everything was colourful, and our planet was happier than ever.

We still don't have a clue why they did it.

Why they robbed us of our happiness, our colour. Our friends.

Before the Society came, I was about eleven. I can remember how close all the elements were. I even went to school with different fire, earth, air and metals.

I can remember completely loving life! It was so cool seeing all different types of people with different cultures.

In school, my group was a mixed bunch. We were all from different elements, so visiting each other's homes was always fun.

I can remember that the one thing that brought us together was our shared passion for music.

Four of us sang, and the other one was very instrumental. I wish I could meet them again.

One day this bright and colourful world was suddenly brought to a halt.

After they came, it was all gone. We were split up according to our elements, sent away from each other and forced to live in little flats in massive apartment-esque buildings.

They also ripped the earth of its colour. Everything we owned; our clothes, our homes, the only thing that wasn't white was the natural earth and grass!

We still don't know the extent of their power, but we are too scared to find out.

In less than 48 hours I had went from bubbly and cheerful to well, miserable.

My apologies, I'm going way off topic aren't I?

Anyway.

Examination day is a new rule that the Society have inflicted on us. Apparently, it's a day for every single Aqua between the ages of 10 and 30 to be tested on their abilities, appearance and knowledge.

The Aqua that gets the highest combined score becomes the Strongest.

I'm not quite sure what happens after that.

Also, the Aqua with the lowest combined score is named the Weakest, and must be sent off to the Society HQ to be trained until they are a better Aqua.

I scurry off to the right side, finding my place in the line (order: tallest to shortest). Being as little as I am, you could probably tell that I was at the back of the line!

As more and more people were taken away to be tested, i started to get a little nervous.

What if they don't like my hair or makeup?

What if they don't like my attitude?

What if they don't like me?

As more questions spin through my head, someone noticed my shakiness and nerves, because I heard a little voice speak behind me.