"Sorry Marielle, but making your brother can't be undone." She chuckled to herself. When she caught a sheen of mischievousness in her cute little girl's face, she said, "And you better get that silly little idea from your head. If your brother disappears, I'm going to tell your father!" 

Marielle's bottom lip extended to a darling pout. 

The little boy attaching himself quietly onto Peyton's other leg stared at me in full-blown curiosity. His bright blue eyes, just like his mother's reminded me of the baby I saw in my thoughts earlier and it made me loose my breath. 

Alpha Peyton saw me staring and looked at her son. "Ian, say hi to Selene." She looked at me and smiled. "He's over a year old, but he's already walking around the house like Godzilla." 

I snapped out of my shock and compelled myself to look and act normal, to forget about earlier. "Hi baby." I smiled at him and when I reached out to touch his chubby hands, he surprised me by walking unsteadily towards my direction. 

I watched in awe by this kid's determination. Every step he took, he'd pause to regain balance, but his eyes were completely locked on me. I kneeled onto the floor waiting for him to reach me. Luisa was cooing behind me, saying supportive words and cheering him on. 

"Your kids are so adorable!" She said to Alpha Peyton. 

"I know," was her only proud answer. 

Behind them, Beta Lucca was kissing a tall-legged woman, most probably his mate. 

Ian's small hand grabbed onto one of my outstretched arms and as if knowing I would cushion his fall, he leaned in and wrapped his tiny arms around my neck, nestling his head on the base of my neck. 

Luisa just about lost it then. "I can't wait to be a grandmother!" She screamed, close to tears. "Oh Selene, you're going to be wonderful with children! I can see it already. Lucca being a father, I can't really picture it, but with you I feel like he will be one of the best!" 

Me a mother...?

The thought scared me. I never thought of or considered having kids before or after my own mother left me. I was frozen in fear after she said it and Ian in my arms wiggled at my sudden stiffness. 

It was like Alpha Peyton could read my mind. 

"Luisa calm down." She chuckled. "Don't scare the girl." 

Luisa looked at me and gasped at her moment of excitement. "I'm sorry darling. I shouldn't have said all that!" She slapped the top of her forehead. "Lucca's going to kill me." 

I shook my head. "No it's alright. I'm fine with it." Not really. Ian grabbed on to a piece of my hair and tugged it slightly painfully. For a baby, he had a lot of strength. 

"Ian, don't do that!" Alpha Peyton tried prying him off me, but he wouldn't budge. His palm touched the top of my check bones and scratched my skin with his snails. 

"Ow." I said. It didn't hurt but it did burn after. 

"Oh my gosh, I'm so terribly sorry, Selene!" Alpha Peyton finally yanked her son from me and he started crying. "Ian, bad! That was a no, no!" She said in baby talk and Ian screamed louder knowing he was in trouble with his mother. 

"Poor dear...Can I take him." Luisa asked. 

Alpha Peyton looked at her son wondering if it was a good idea to hand him over to someone else he could cause havoc on. "Careful, he likes to scratch. I should have warned all of you that before I let him lose on you." 

"It's fine." I said.

"He really did some damage on your face." She said concerned. 

I touched the stinging area and realized she was right. "He didn't mean to." Kids are kids.

"But still..." 

"It's nothing, don't worry about it." 

"You're mate will probably go ballistic when he see's it.

I smirked. "Lucca isn't that dramatic" 

"Oh trust me on this one." She giggled. "One time I accidently gave myself a bad paper cut while I was pregnant with Ian and Soren thought someone was trying to kill me and our unborn child. He can get overly dramatic." 

"Lucca's not like that." 

"She's right." The woman, Beta Luca was kissing earlier, walked hand-in-hand with him. "I'm Martha, by the way, nice to meet you Selene. Alpha Peyton is right about overprotective mates. This one..." She pointed at Beta Luca. "...He saw the bandage on my back, after I decided to get a tattoo, he thought some idiot harmed me. And even then, after I told him it was only a tattoo, he wanted to beat up the tattoo artist for hurting my skin." 

Alpha Peyton burst out laughing. "I was there, that was classic!" 

"Shut up." Beta Luca hid his face in embarrassment. 

"When he finally cooled down and realized the tat was of his name. He..."

"Martha, not in front of the kids." Alpha Peyton went serious.

"Oh--right." Martha giggled and was rewarded with a peck on the check by her mate. 

"Mommy, I'm hungry." Marielle frowned at her mother. 

"Me too, sweetie." She rubbed her stomach. "Where's Samuel?" I assumed to be her other son.

Martha looked out the open door. "He's giving my mom a hard time in the car. He said he wouldn’t come out unless it was his daddy coming to get him." 

Alpha Peyton sighed. "That boy loves his father too much. It makes me jealous sometimes." 

"He wants to be like his big old man." Beta Luca muttered. 

"Soren will roughen you up again if he hears you call him 'old' again." Martha smacked his shoulder and he just shrugged. 

"I'll get Soren Jr." He said. 

"Finally we can eat!" Alpha Peyton practically ran towards the dining table along side with her daughter. 

"I want to sit with you mommy." She yelled.

"Sure baby." 

Luisa continued to coo at Ian. "Who's a cute baby? You are, you are!" 

I laughed, "I think he's aware of that." 

"He hasn't stopped looking at you Selene. He really likes you!" She said. 

Martha stood on the other side of Luisa, also observing Ian's behavior. "He has the same eyes as his mother and grandfather. It's so strange how all of Alpha Soren and Peyton's kids have their grandfather's clear blue eyes. Our pack takes great pride at that, because Peyton's bloodline is considered 'gifted'."

"What do you mean by gifted?" Luisa asked.

"I'm not really sure. It's just a bunch of stuff my pack always says."

I gaze over at baby Ian, but this time he is curiously playing with a button on Luisa's t-shirt.