07 | VANILLA

Jasper's fingers brushed along her upper arm in a long, swift motion as Genevieve had settled into his chest and a blanket had settled over the two, his back against the cushioning of his couch, television buzzing low before the pair.

Genevieve only paid little attention to what was going on. Instead, her focus was held onto tightly by his hand that moved along her skin, swift and melodic in a sense that the goosebumps raised by each stroke seemed to follow only a distant beat. Her heart stammered in her chest as she bit down on her lower lip, maintaining her gaze far away from his lips that brushed along her shoulder, his lips that sent goose bumps along her arms, his lips that curled lead through her blood as she felt heavy against him. He seemed to be petting her as if she were a dog -- but she didn't mind; it felt surprisingly nice.

He inhaled and exhaled her scent—a rich french vanilla, infused with a distant, sweet, floral perfume that seemed to float him further and further away from the reality before him, and further towards the girl curled up against him. He had never before felt more content than in the current moment he shared with her, his lips teasing her skin. He bowed his head further to her shoulder, completely restricting attention he had on the television before him and instead, moving it to Genevieve as he felt her shoulders sag and she relaxed into his body with a sigh—releasing tension she did not realise she had built up.

He smiled at that, smiled at the fact she had let herself go, let herself relax against him as he pulled the blanket further up around her. He knew, of course, that lying against him in a blouse and thick skirt could not be comfortable- much like lying with her in a pair of thick jeans and 'blouse' of his own was not of much comfort at all, but neither could bring themselves to move, or complain at all... so instead they just remained as they were, and he shifted his hand from her arm and set it around her waist as he held her close to him.

"Do you want to sleep over tonight?" He asked softly, the television long forgotten as she spooned closer into him, settling her head against the cushion after she glanced up at him. Her eye contact was brief, but her large eyes were warm as they held the man's affectionately, a sure fatigue tugging the corners of her small smile.

"I can't, my mom will get suspicious." The girl replied after a moment's thought. She had really considered the invitation, and was sure she wanted to stay over with him... but she also knew that her mother would notice she was not there—and upon that, she would be attacked with questions and accusations as soon as the two were left in a room alone. It was an idea she knew would be due if such a thing happened and so an idea she dreaded.

"How about this," Jasper began thoughtfully, his lips brushing her skin as he spoke, sending a chill down her spine. Smoothly, the man removed his lips from her skin, and her blouse back over her shoulder... in turn, an even sharper chill was sent along her skin from the absence of him, the skin left heavy, ghosted by the tracing of where his lips had sat. "I drop you home, you go in and pack a bag and then later after everyone thinks you're asleep, I'll pick you up?"

The girl was thankful for the persistence and logical response the man easily offered. More than anything, she was thankful the man was there to read her reluctance and talk her from a situation that would undoubtedly form a regret. It was a very odd idea for her to have found someone so seemingly fitting for herself in the one moment she wasn't looking.

"What about in the morning when they notice I'm not there?" She asked in response, her question sceptical as she felt his breath brush along her ear with an exhale.

"You can easily just say you had to go to the library before school started," The man sighed as she remained stiff and reluctant, and resumed the action of running his fingers over her arm, resting his chin on top of her head. The girl eased herself against him as his fingers moved again—for a single moment, the girl had been worried she had upset the man, disappointed him, perhaps, in any way. It wasn't a fear or thought secluded to one person. She had always wanted to impress.