.25

not edited...

Wait for me. Louis' voice has been echoing in my head as the hours pass. Kelsey wakes up a few times to ask where her father is and I just have to lie every time. I fall asleep for a while.

At one in the morning I thought I heard a noise, but it was the next door neighbor with their porn. Kelsey wakes up right after and we both decide to drink hot chocolate and watch Lou's black and white films. She snuggles on my lap and I rub her back, feeling like a mommy again.

Next time I wake up it's at three in the morning. Louis wakes me up as he stumbles into the living room. I startle as he bumps with the television which shows the rolling credits of the movie. "Are you drunk?"

"A tidy bit, love but I'm fine."

I slowly put Kelsey on the couch, "I thought you stopped drinking." I cross my arms against my chest. It's so hard to pretend I'm not his wife when I actually am. This is his apartment not mine, so I don't have a word to say here. "I mean like... one drop of alcohol will bring back your addiction."

"I'm fine, woman." He grabs my face, pressing his lips on my chin as he misses my lips. I giggle and guide him to my lips. His hands firmly grab at my hips as he slowly pulls me to his bedroom.

"Kelsey needs to sleep... Louis... she needs to sleep in her room." I say against his lips. His hands fumbling with the hem of my shirt. He breaks our kiss to pull my shirt over my head. I let him.

"Tonight we celebrate." He whispers, his alcohol breath strong.

"What are we celebrating?"

He pushes me against the wall and covers a part of my neck with his sloppy kisses. I untie his tie and remove his blazer. My thigh swiftly moving against his bulge.

"I'm going to France, baby." He grabs my cheeks with his hand and kisses my lips. Before he can continue, I slowly move away from him.

"You?"

"Yes, me." He simply says, his breathing rhythm matching mine. "Aren't you happy for me?"

I pick up my shirt. I hate the idea of him being so far away from me again. It's never good. He gives me a look of confusion when I pull my shirt over my head and push my arms through the holes.

"Where were you?" I finally ask. "I waited for you all night."

"I told you I was going to be with Montalvo."

"Where?"

He gives me a humorous look as if I'm joking around. As he notices I'm not, his face falls and he rubs his face. "I met up with Montalvo in his office and we talked about his plans with me. We talked about my art works and he said my talent needs to be... appreciated. The... the man is everything I want to be. He's an idol and we... get along well." He sounds sleepy and he sits on the edge of the bed. "He said he had a get together with other amazing artists and he invited me..."

"Oh?" I sound sarcastic. "What happened in that 'get together'?"

"Wine, happened. Wine." He slurs. "I met these Brazilian artists. They are humble and talented and... I'm going to be working with one of them. Especially in France. Her name is Marissa."

I don't know what kind of look I gave Louis that he started laughing at me. I look down and step my foot over my other foot.

"Don't worry babe, it's a couple of months."

"Without Kelsey? Or me?" I shake my head. "I support everything you do Louis, but the way you're acting tonight isn't very responsible. How am I going to believe you'll-"