eight

(More longer parts are coming, guys! These are all shorter for reasons 😂, i know it's taken me so long to get this one out but i pinky promise i'll get more out sometime this week. <and yes, that's plural!)
-
-
I stood from my spot in front of Preston's room that I had been in because we weren't allowed in the room yet, and greeted Rob, Jazz, and the rest of the guys as they hurled down the hallway.
"Is he okay?"
"Is he alive?"
"Dude of course he just woke up!"
"Is he breathing on his own?"
"Why aren't you inside?"
"Can we go in?"
"Fill us in!"
"I will if you let me talk!" I yelped, keeping them quiet.
"Basically, he woke up, the nurses came in and told me no one could be in the room at the moment, and I came out here and have been here since."
They all nodded awkwardly, "Makes sense.." Lachlan whispered. I rolled my eyes, "I'm sure they'll let us in soon. What took you guys so long, anyways?" The whole group, looked at Lachlan, and he looked around at them, "What? I was hungry and there wasn't a line at chipotle."
I face palmed.
"Anyways, he started moving so I jumped up and pressed the red button for nurse assistance because I had no clue what else to do and the nurse was in here in like two sec-"
"You can come in now, two people at a time." The nurse interrupted as she walked out of the room, a few others trailing behind her.
I nodded and looked at Rob. Everyone else silently approved and we stepped in cautiously.
"Preston?" Rob whispered, stepping closer to the small hospital bed. "H-hey, you fricken cactus.." He managed. "How are you feeling? Are you doing alright?" I asked, stepping closer to his bed. He held out his hand weakly, and I took it. He didn't look nearly as bad as before.
He sat up swiftly, "I'm just messin' with ya, I'm fine!" I face palmed and looked at Rob as we all simultaneously burst out laughing. "Bro don't do that I was so worried!" Rob yelled in between laughs. "They said it was miraculous that I'm actually okay, and that I looked a lot worse than I actually was, and I'm gonna be released in hopefully less than a week!"
I made my self stop laughing enough to respond. "That's un realistic, when you think about it. It's gotta be an answered prayer."
"I'm sure it is."