Go To -

Chapter 2

Go To —

“Matt, this is wrong…” a hesitant female voice said lowly.

“I don’t care!” A familiar voice growled. “She’s mine.”

There was silence for a few moments until the female voice spoke again. “But, Matt, we’ve already discovered that you’re… you’re mateless—”

“I have a mate!” He yelled. “She is my mate!”

“You don’t even know her name!” the girl argued.

“Ariel,” Matt warned. “I suggest you not argue with your alpha.”

She growled bitterly. “Brother, Matthew. You are my brother.”

“I'm Alpha first.” He spat and I heard a door open and close. I tried to open my eyes, but I found that I couldn’t. Something cool touched my ankle and clicked. A moment later there was another click, but I still couldn’t open my eyes. I forced out a groan, but even that charred my throat. The next thing I knew, warm lips were pressed against my neck and the mattress I was laying on shifted. I tried to growl, but it came out more like a moan, and it encouraged him. His lips traveled up my neck, his warm breath making me shudder in disgust.

“Wake up…” he breathed, proceeding to nibble my ear.

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew… I thought, trying to squirm away from him.

Suddenly, I felt his teeth graze my skin at the spot where my neck meets my shoulder. “You’re mine…” he growled huskily. Pain shot through me as something broke skin.

A scream bubbled up in my throat, and at the burst of energy, I finally managed to bolt away from him. But something pulled on my ankle before I got too far, but I had gotten away from him. I opened my eyes to find myself chained to the bottom of the bedpost at the opposite end of the bed from him. The grey eyed, blond haired guy from the mall leaned on the bed, his eyes wide. But his mouth—his mouth was what drew my attention. His lips were strained with blood. Pain shot through my neck again and I brought my hand to graze the skin there. I was met with liquid. “What the—?!” I cursed as I pulled my hand back to find blood.

“Calm down,” the boy said, licking his lips. “It’s just a bite.”

“A bite?!” I screeched, making him flinch. “You bit me?!”

I tried crawling away from him, but the chain held me back. I couldn’t get off the bed without going towards him. His eyes hardened. “It’s a sign of possession. You belong to me.”

I laughed humorlessly, putting pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding. “I don’t belong to anyone but myself.”

He smiled, and something struck me about his abnormally sharp teeth. “Sorry, darling, but that’s where you’re wrong.”

I glared at him, scowling. “Where’s Haley? Where am I? Who are you and what do you want?”

“I think I’ll be asking the questions.” The boy said, crossing his arms over his chest.

What?!” I shrieked. He flinched again. “You kidnap me and you’re the one asking questions? I don’t think so. Who are you?”

“My name is Matthew,” he scowled, “and I am Alpha of the Calabrease Pack.”

“Pack?” I asked, scoffing.

He growled loudly, the sound emitting from somewhere deep in his stomach. I flinched backward, but kept my expression hard. “Yes, a pack. A wolf pack, to be exact.”