Chapter 1: Death of a Friend

All I heard was ringing and blurred voices, at the moment. Everything was spinning and was constantly fading before my eyes.

"Get her out of here! Now!"

That voice. Who was it? It was none other than Ash. I looked up to see the two legendary Pokémon continuing to destroy everything around them. My vision was still blurry, but I can see Ash take out his Greninja and link with it. Greninja transformed and went head to head with both Pokémon at once. I felt something grab me. It was Clemont. He picked me up and threw me on his back. I just noticed an extreme pain on my head. What is this? What happened? I couldn't keep my thoughts together. Everything went dark.

"Serena! Serena!"

I heard someone calling me as their voice echoed in my head. I also felt them shaking me frantically. I eventually woke up and everything was back to normal... or was it?

"Serena, are you okay?" I saw Bonnie looking at me at the side of my bed. I thought I was at home and this was just all a crazy and messed up dream.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I responded to Bonnie, who looked relieved now that I finally opened my eyes. I held the spot on my head where it hurt the most and I noticed that there were stitches and bandages over it.

"You were knocked on the head with a rock after Palkia attacked us!" Bonnie cried out and hugged me tight. I was so confused. Where am I? Where is Ash and Clemont?

"Bonnie, where are the guys?" I suddenly got serious as I felt my face tense up.

"Ash was fighting them off and Clemont went to go look for him." Bonnie said. My eyes popped open. Ash was fighting two legendary Pokémon by himself? I started to get worried about Ash. Is he alright? Did he win? I have so much questions on what is happening right now. I just completely blacked out.

"Serena, I think you need some rest. You looked stressed out." Bonnie had a worried expression on her face and in her voice. I take a deep breath before I started hyperventilating.

"Yeah. You're right." My voice started to calm down and my heart rate slowed down.

"Go back to sleep. I'll look after you." Bonnie held my hand with a smile on her face.

"Thanks, Bonnie." I said while I smiled back. She nodded and I closed my eyes. I relaxed my body and I slowly drift off to sleep. My imagination still lingered. I started to have a dreadful nightmare. I see Ash battling the two Pokémon, battling like he never did before. The battle was intense. Too intense, to be exact. Rocks flying everywhere, smoke and dust scattering along the battlefield, and projectiles being thrown at each other. That was when the worst happened. The thing that will haunt me forever. Ash just froze and Greninja froze with him. Ash, then started to struggle for air. Greninja returned to its normal state. Ash put his hands on his heart and he fell down onto the floor. His heart was failing and air couldn't get to his lungs. After about 2 minutes, he stopped squirming. Greninja did the same.

I awoke and I sprang up with a large gasp that I breathed my saliva. I coughed, trying to get it out of my lungs. I looked down at the bedsheets between my legs and panted, trying to convince myself that it was only a dream. I looked to my side to see that Bonnie was missing. I looked around the room to see where she was. No sign of her.

I heard a loud bang in the next room beside mine. It sounded like a door being smashed open. I jump from the sound and I hear yelling in the next room, saying all kinds of medical terms and orders. I get up from my bed and slowly walk out of the room barefooted. I peek through the room and see Ash on the bed. His shirt was ripped open and the doctors used defibrillators on him. I see that it was already on the 7th setting. Why would they be using that on Ash?

I just realized. My dream... it was real. The battle... it was real. The heart attack... it was real. My eyes flooded and I held my hand against my mouth. The doctors put it up to the 8th setting. He rubbed the defibrillators together.

"Clear!"

The doctor pressed them on Ash's chest and Ash's body spazzed out.

"No good."

I stop looking into the room and I continued to cry with my hand still on my mouth. It was set to 9th setting this time. I hear the defibrillators being rubbed together again.

"Clear!"

The doctor pressed on Ash's chest again and Ash's body spazzed even more.

"No good."

I started to whimper and I dropped to the floor. I was now sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall in fetal position. It was finally set to the 10th setting. After this, there's nothing they could do for Ash anymore. I prayed to Arceus that he'll wake up. The defibrillators were rubbed together one last time.

"Clear!"

The doctor pressed down on Ash's chest for the last time. Ash didn't wake up. The room was silent and all you could hear was the long looping beep. My eyes popped open in terror. I couldn't believe what's happening. I looked back inside of the room to see Ash's corpse. I slowly walked up to Ash, faintly calling his name. The doctors saw me, but they let me be.

I finally reach Ash. I shake him softly, but then I started to shake him frantically while crying out his name.

"Miss..." The doctors said in a soft and saddening voice.

"AAAAAASH!" I lost my mind.

"Miss!" One of the doctors pulled my back and comforted me in a deep embrace. I panted like never before and I was crying my eyes out.

"I'm sorry, but there is nothing we could do for him anymore." The doctor said.

"No!" I ran my fingers through my hair and I shook my head over and over again.

"Miss, let's go outside." The doctor said as he put his hand on my shoulder. I nodded while I dried up my tears. I couldn't be in that room anymore. The doctor and I start to walk outside of the door. I look back and I see a doctor pulling up the sheets over Ash, completely covering his body.

I know. Bad start, but this is only the start. Come back to see what happens next chapter.