Chapter 6

I wake up with a start!

My eyes were teary. Someone is going to die!  The words echoes on my head. I got up and slide my feet in the slippers from yesterday and got out the unit, slamming the door behind me.

I run to Jarek’s unit and knock on his door in berserk. “Jarek! Wake up! Jarek!” I keep on knocking on his door.

Jarek is out.” A female voice says from behind. I turn and see the burgundy-haired-girl with doe eyes.

You got to help me!” I say with desperation. I am desperate. I don’t want anyone to die anymore! After knowing what I am capable of, I don’t want anyone to die!

She gives me a quizzical look and approaches me. “Calm down. What do you need?

I try to find a name in my head who can help me.

I need to talk to Dr. Marcos!” I exclaim.

Her face turns stern and her eyes change, from the innocent doe eyes to a fierce and fearless one. Those eyes! I remember those. I say to myself. She starts to look familiar, like I saw her before.

Follow me.” She says.

She guides me to the elevator while I try to remember where we met.

She does the card swiping routine like what Jarek does when we go somewhere top secret. She hits the twentieth floor button then the elevator begins to descend.

In the elevator, my frustration of not remembering her came to its toll. “Excuse me? I’m not trying to pick you up nor anything but have we met before? You look familiar.” I ask. She gives me an angry look. A look that can pierce someone’s soul! “Sorry, I guess not.

I look away and stare at an empty space on the floor of the elevator ashamed. Maybe she is not good in conversations. My mind says.

The whole elevator trip felt awkward even it is only five floors.

I coincidentally peek at her trough my peripheral view. I catch a glimpse of her raising her hands to her head. She starts to tie her hair to a neat pony. Then my question is answered. She is Slayer. The girl I drew yesterday. The girl who saved me.

The elevator door opens then closes. The twentieth floor button turns green. She hits it. Then the elevator door behind us opens.

We step out and find ourselves at a hallway with three doors. Slayer walks towards the door on the left and knocks.

Who is it?” I hear Dr. Marcos asks from inside.

Someone is here to see you.” Her voice stops for a second or two. “The Precog.” She continues.