Budding Allies

I had woken up early, as I wanted to make a sturdy breakfast and some poffins for Glaceon. I let Glaceon stay back in our room for more rest, he must've been tired. I tried waking him, but he would not budge. But I let him sleep. For we both had a long day of training ahead of us, as our first stop, was the Santalune City Gym.

The kitchen was small, and had sandy yellow tiling all around the walls. There were three pastel, white ovens, three matching stoves, a sink, and a giant silver countered island. Under it were a few cabinets with all of the cooking supplies I could wish for. Also, there was an, again, pastel refrigerator, labeled "Free Use To Pokémon Trainers." So, I found eggs, and 2 slices of bread for toast. It was small, but sturdy and would help me in the long run.

I quickly prepared my own meal, and began working on the poffins. It wasn't long after that until I saw a familiar patch of dark chocolate eyes meet my gaze.

"Logan, what are you doing up so early?" He yawned. His voice was sleepy and dense.

"I should ask the same to you, Calem?" I laughed, he averted my gaze. His dark hair messily framing his face.

He fixed his blue cap, and said finally, "It's eight in the morning, I wasn't really expecting anyone to be here. Sorry..." He scratched the back of his neck.

"It's fine. Do you need help with anything?" I asked politely, putting the poffin mix in the oven to bake.

"No, I should be fine," he yawned again, grabbing a bowl, and a whisk, and mixing the air.

I laughed, swiftly taking hold of his wrists, "Okay, someone's not a morning person!.." He silently laughed. "What are you doing here?"

"Breakfast for Fennekin..." Calem leaned his back up against the island, rubbing his tired eyes.

"I've got you covered, Calem. There are poffins in the oven being made. An old family recipe."

"Poffins?" He slowly tilted his head.

"Pokémon food made mainly in Sinnoh." I paused. "And what about you, did you eat?" Calem shook his head. "I have some extra eggs, and there's water in the fridge. Help yourself, you need to eat."

Suddenly, the oven dinged, and Calem brought out his partner, Fennekin. A beautiful, tan furred, fox Pokémon, with large ears, and red fur extruding from them. Like her partner, she yawned, coming out from the bright light the Pokéball gave off.

"Thanks Logan," he smiled, and Fennekin purred next to him. He grabbed the eggs and began digging in. I brought out the poffins, and fed a few to Fennekin. She was filled with delight. She really like them!

I smiled, and mentioned my departure. I left to wake Glaceon. It was breakfast time.

The room smelt dusty. I hadn't really noticed the scent before. I must've been tired... I pointed my head in the direction of the bed. Glaceon's head shot up by the creaking of the door. He looked through my eyes, and I gave him a soft smile. He nodded, and hopped onto my shoulder, and have my cheek a quick lick, making me giggle. I patted his head, "Come on buddy, it's breakfast time."

He purred with excitement, Glaceeeooon!

We ran to the kitchen to grab the poffins I had made. There, we found Calem, his stomach leaning onto the island, his head resting on his arms, which, crossed, rested on the countertop, asleep.