Long live the Queen

"Lovey child why do you still want her?" Draco asked as I watched Ara walk over to me. Ara Killoran was the kindest person you'll ever meet. She's roughly around 5'5 with long blonde hair, with these Beautiful green eyes. We met in the second grade, she laughed at me after I glued a pigeon to Draco's lunch pail. As a result she had to spend detention with me and we just kind of clicked from there. Her in a friendly way and I in a romantic way, pretty sure I loved her since than like that.

" I don't know Dra the crown was suppose to change everything... But not her." She waved at me making me smile. " I don't think anything can change how I feel about her." I continued to smile as I stared at my feet so he didn't notice my blush.

" father will not approve of her taking you, neither will the elders."

" I've only been blooded for two days and that's their first priority?" I groaned

" long live the queen!" He chuckled out making Ar raise a eyebrow at our conversation.

" good morning Bambi, Dra, what were you guys talking about?" Guess she didn't hear it I began to drink my juice.

Draco wiggled his eyebrows at me before speaking, he knew she'd never like me that way so he teased me about it. " You see our precious little Bambi here was gonna ask you out on a date." I choked on my orange juice making Draco laugh at me. She glared at him as she rubbed my back.

" you're an awful brother you know that right?" Draco continued to laugh to the point of tears. I groaned trying to hide inside my hoodie, Ara's grip on me tightened. She looked at me for a minute before turning my face to the side, eventually she found the bruise under my ear I had gotten from practice. Next were the sleeves of my hoodie being rolled up where she saw the cuts and large bruises, I don't know when Draco stopped laughing I just know he did. She didn't know what we were, or what we had to do to survive.

She's in the dark like everyone else, she thought we were humans and I was being bullied by our classmates or abused by my family. " Draco I want names. Who's doing this to her?" Draco scoffed, for vampires it was a honor to fight, he sometimes had a hard time remembering that it was different for her, she was just human.

" Bambi is a big girl and can handle herself, stay out of it." I coward down knowing where this was leading.

" Bambi is your little sister and it's your duty as her older brother to protect her!" Ara shouted angrily.

" I have no obligations to anyone. I came into this by myself and that's all I have to worry about. Me, myself and I." He chuckled making me question if this was even a lie. " she stronger than you think you know, some even call her a killer." He winked at me before walking into the school. She scoffed at him then looked back at me.

" do you wanna come over tonight?" She asked me. I looked at her, she always did this. Since we were little when she found out things like this she'd invite me over, not letting me go home for days because she was afraid it will happen again, it always did and I know she was beginning to become frustrated.

It was always the same thing she'd ask me if it was my dad or Draco and I would always tell her no, I always wanted to tell her the truth but I don't think she'd understand. How can you tell the girl you like you're a monster? The type children have night terrors of. The type that have made their mark on this world by killing and raping humans for fun.

I would have to lie if I decided I wanted to actually tell her. If she knew that I was no different from my people, that it gets me off when I feel someone's life being drained right in front of me, that sometimes when I feed I choose not to stop, that sometimes I think about taking her in public because of my instincts, she'd hate me. If she knew that all I really wanted was to watch the world burn, she'd be disgusted by me.