The crazy guy in the forest

The mint tree in the forest Lilly, just find the tree get the leafs and leave. I tell myself.

What is a mint tree doing in the middle of the forest, why can't it be somewhere less scary? I spot the tree and start picking the leafs. "there was a time I was alone with no where to go and no place to call home" I sing to ease the tension and fear in my mind. "my only friend was the man in the moon, and even sometimes he woul-" then a twig snapped, I jumped obviously thinking the worst, I stayed perfectly still petrified, more twigs snapped, it took everything in me not to scream. 

The snapping got closer and closer until, a bunny jumped out of a bush. I jumped sighing realizing I was scared of a little cute bunny. Awkwardly laughing to myself, then another twig snapped, since the last was a bunny I let my guard down, thinking it was just another woodland creature. "would go away too and then one night as i, closed my-" I was cut off by a hand clamping over my mouth and another turning me around.

 I screamed, but it was muffled by the hand. I looked into my attacker's eyes "ben?" I mutter, through his hand, still not exactly sure that was his name, but going with it. "don't act surprised, I know what you did!" he said angrily "what I did? What did I do" "it's your fault we are here, and I'm going to make you suffer as you made us" He removes his hand from my mouth and he takes my hands and ties them behind my back. 

I scream the loudest scream I can. "that's no use little Lilly, no one can hear you" I scream again but he takes tape and put's a piece on my mouth. He then lays me on the ground. "this is for being the reason we are here" he takes a knife and rips my shirt and cuts into my stomach lightly.

 I scream but its muffled by the tape. With my shirt now on the ground I shiver, warm salty tear run down my face. "this is for your powers" he takes the knife and cuts down my arm. "what powers?" I try to say but the tape makes it sound like "whaa pomerss" the spit in my mouth moisten the tape making it come loose, and fall off he's too busy cutting up my body to even notice. Tears still streaming down my face, he makes a huge cut into my abdomen, I scream in pain.

I wiggle my arms like crazy the ropes come un done "push him off of you, now is your chance" the voice tells me. I push him right off and he lands a few feet away. I instantly get up and run, screaming "Newt, Alby !? anyone Help?!" I make it to the forest line where I'm tripped and, scream out in pain. The other Gladers are now running towards me. "you little bitch" ben says as he makes another deep cut in my abdomen. All of a sudden a loud bang then a weight is lifted off me. Then everything went black

Newts P.O.V

Lilly left a long time ago she should be back by now, I hope she's okay "Newt relax she's probably on her way back" another gardener says. "I know I know but I feel like something's off" a loud scream fills the air, everyone looks around not knowing where it came from, we all know who it came from though "Lilly" I say. "Newt, Alby!?, Anyone Help!?" I hear her scream franticly. 

Then another scream from the forest line "there!" I yell pointing at them. I grab a garden hoe and run towards them. I swing and hit ben straight in the head, he falls off and someone instantly pins him down. "ben what the hell are you doing?" Alby yells "Its her fault!" ben yells back. I look at her she's barley awake, covered in blood and her shirt has been ripped, and cut

"medjacks!?" I yell. They pick her up and bring her into the homestead, I try to follow but Zart grabs my arm "Newt no, stay here they have her now its okay" he states. I sit on the floor and put my head in my hands. Alby and a few other Gladers take ben off the the pit.