The bonfire

"hey greenie!" I hear a British accent call. "my name is Lilly" I correct as I turn around and see a Glader smiling at me "My name is Newt" "I know that... we've met before" I reply laughing awkwardly. "just though we were introducing ourselves" he says sarcastically.

 I shake my head at him. "here try some of this" newt says forcing a drink, that resembles the color of pee in my hand. "this isn't pee is it?" "of course not its Gally's recipe, try some its good" newt laughs. Well here goes nothing. I bring the cup of liquid to my mouth, smelling it, it doesn't smell that bad I guess. Then I take a sip, and instantly spit it out "what the bloody hell I've been here for like 4 hours and you are already trying to poison me." All the Gladers laugh and point to the icky liquid stained to my blue shirt; which I didn't even realize was blue till this moment. "hey looks like you got some sass competition Minho" a huge guy calls "shut up Gally" an Asian says. "alright everyone, stop looking at me, or I'll ... I'll sit on you!" I say laughing at how ridiculous that sounds.

The buff dude by the name of Gally come up beside me and says, "I want to see you try babe" "first, Mr. fake tuff guy, my name is not Babe its Lilly" The Gladers ouuu "second I'll take your challenge" I state giving him the most menacing look I can achieve. "fight fight fight" the Gladers chant forming an awkward circle around Gally and I.

I put myself into a fighting sort of position, Gally mirrors my actions. "3,2,1 Fight!" Frypan yells

Gally comes at me like a bull, but I deek him out and he falls on the floor hitting his head. "oops" I state sarcastically. "your going to get it greenie" gally says pushing himself off the ground, coming around to attack me again. This time he gets me and pins me to the ground also cutting off some of my air. The Gladers around cheer. I look to my left and see Newt he looks rather worried. "not so tuff now huh greenie?" Gally laughs. I push on him lifting his body off mine for a second then he plops back on top of me "is that all you got" "use your powers, use your powers, use your powers" the invisible voice repeats powers what powers? "push him again" that didn't work well the first time how is it going to work now? "trust me" right Lilly trust the invisible voice.

I push him up and he fly's off with ease flying over the circle of boys surrounding us, everyone silent. "woah girl" Minho says breaking the silence. Then cheers erupted in the group. Now that its getting dark, the Gladers decide to light the fire. They all have sticks coated with gasoline, Alby walks around with a match lighting them, they then throw the sticks into a fire pit illuminating the dark glade. I sit behind a log since I have no friends here, I mean there's Chuck but he's busy talking with Minho and, Gally who is obviously doesn't like me, whatever he can throw himself a pity party. I just stare into the distance at the hole in the wall. 

A very loud and kind of ear piercing sound lets its self out, the the doors start closing? Wait what the hell? Newt comes and sits next to me, he probably sensed my fear. "don't worry this happens every night, a few minutes after dark the walls close" he states nonchalantly "why?" I ask "to keep us safe, from the grievers, little nasty buggers they are." He says "what's a griever?" "I'll show you tomorrow, but for now let's enjoy the party, it is for you."

 He smiles and stands up, reaching his hand out for me to join him. I grab his hand and he leads me over to a group of Gladers "these are the keepers" he says pointing first at Minho "keeper of the runners" he says "Winston, keeper of the slicers" he says Winston nods "Frypan the main cook, he makes the best food" "Zart track hoe leader, Gally keeper of the builders" Gally sends me a face. He's a bum face. Newt then points at another guy "Clint keeper of the medjacks, he makes sure were healthy and strong." "hi" I state sheepishly. "we got a shy one." Zart says. "Who's your favourite so far?" Minho asks randomly "definitely not you" I joke the keepers all laugh. 

Then a shrike arises out of no where making me jump. "don't worry we wont let them get you" Gally says "let what get me?" I ask worriedly. "the grievers." He answers "alright everyone off the bed, you still have to get up for work tomorrow." Alby says, everyone boo's "party pooper" Minho pouts. Everyone slowly walks off to where they sleep, 

Alby puts out the fire. "I'll bring you back to your room" Newt says. "okay" I reply "do you like the Glade so far?" Newt asks as we approach the homestead. "I guess, you lot are weird" I giggle. "yea you'll get used to it love" "maybe, goodnight." I say as I walk into my room closing the door behind me. "goodnight" I hear him call back. Well I guess I wont be getting my escape with those walls closed. I'll leave tomorrow when no ones looking, no one will miss you anyway. I lay on the bed of hay and fall asleep.

In dream

"we can't control them, they are too strong, they can't be together take him away, send him up" the woman in the white coat says, as a younger version of me spy's on their conversation. The younger me shutters back placing my head against the wall taking in a deep breath. The younger me runs out of the room and right into another quickly shutting the door "Newt we have to hide NOW!" younger me says urgently to a younger newt. "woah Lilly slow down hide, from what?" "Ava she's coming, she's going to take you away, we have to go" right as younger Newt comes off the bed, people in white lab coats run in grabbing Newt pulling him away. "You can't take him please let him stay!" younger me screams at the white coated woman "this is for your own good Lilly we must take him" "NO!" I scream "Lilly its okay, I'll find you, we will find each other I promise!" young Newt yells back "I Love you, newt!" I scream back at him, he's gone.