Hear Me Out

Woo woo!! I feel so proud of myself!! Early uploads make me feel so good! I don't upload every two weeks on purpose, I promise. :) I wish I could always upload this quickly! But school and other things get in the way. :(

IF YOU WANT ME TO READ YOUR STORY, THEN MESSAGE ME!! DONT COMMENT ON A CHAPPIE AND ASK ME TO READ YOUR STORY CAUSE I WON'T READ IT!!

Anyway, the cover to the side is also by IronFeather! Thank you again! :)

And to the chapter....

______________________________________

One and Only

Chapter Twenty-Nine - Hear Me Out

Steve cleared his throat awkwardly, for the fifth time now. There was barely any talking going on at the dinner table since it was usually filled with Noah and my pointless fights. And since none of that has been going on...we were all relying on Charlie...

I took a look at her, sitting across from me, and she tilted her head up to look at me, too, and smiled widely. That was until she went back to playing with her food and stuffing it into her small mouth, smearing it all across her cheeks before giggling to herself.

Adorable, but not helping the situation at all.

I absentmindedly looked at the handsome being sitting right next to her. The handsome being that was currently stabbing his sharp fork tirelessly into the tasty chicken forcefully, as if letting his anger out on the poor dead animal.

His sapphire eyes turned up to meet my gaze and I flinched from the cold within. His eyes were usually a toasty, soothing ocean blue that made you melt. It was unlike how now his eyes were a cold, icy blue that made your insides freeze from the lack of any warmth. The opposition in the two were immense and I felt a surge of guilt pass through me as I realized it was my fault. I shouldn't have told him such a treacherous fallacy that caused all the heat in his eyes to fade away. But he didn't understand, he didn't know...and he made it seem like I was the only one in the wrong! He couldn't tell me I was incorrect if he didn't even know why I did what I did! These thoughts brought a new wave of indignation to splash around in my veins.

I scowled at the surplus of food on my originally lavender plate. The fingers grasping my fork were rigid and my knuckles were white. I struggled to bring the infuriation under control.

I sighed, sagging my tense shoulders. I was in the wrong. I should've told him about my father and his cruelty against my mother for him to fully fathom why I won't let him in. To comprehend why I've caged my heart from the calamitous ways of love. He deserves to know why I lied to him. Maybe an explanation would lessen the frustration and affliction of the wound I had inflicted upon him.

I've made up my mind. I must talk to him, soon, before he got any more livid and decided against even glancing in my direction.

Yet another throat was cleared, interrupting my plans of confrontation. This time, though, the throat belonged to Jane. "I don't know what happened between the two of you, but I need you guys to go grocery shopping tomorrow because no one else will be home." she put her hand up to silence a protesting Noah, "I don't want any of you to be alone in case another robber comes around."

I smiled widely mentally, not wanting Noah to know just how much I rejoiced internally at Jane's errand for us.

"Why do we need more food?" Noah grumbled.

"Because I said so." Jane quipped with the typical parent answer.

Noah groaned and turned back to his shreds of...food, if that's what you could call it.