"It's called school is inside."

He glared at me, "It's called the heat in the school is non-existent," He tossed a jacket at me, "Here, wear this."

I held up the black jacket and looked at him strangely, "Do you have some sort of fetish with seeing me in your clothes?"

Not that I mind.

Didn't I tell you to shut up!

I am you, so how about you shut yourself up.

He put a hand to his heart and faked hurt, "I just wanted to be a gentleman," His look changed from playful to more serious, "Plus, I enjoy seeing a beautiful girl looking adorable in my clothing. Shall we go now."

I watched as he walked outside with my jaw wide open. How was he able to complement me and make it sound so casual? Why did my heart flip when he spoke those words?

Shaking my many questions from my head, I followed him outside to the his truck.

Once we entered I asked a question that had burned in my mind since I came to his house.

"Ace," He nodded, "Where are your parents?"

"I don't want to talk about."

I pressed, "You sure? Are they, you know, gone?" I regretted the words the moment they came out of my mouth.

He gritted his teeth, "I said I don't want to talk about it!" His hands slammed down on the steering wheel, causing my stomach to drop.

The rest of the ride of silent.

We entered the school just when the bell rang. Which was good in the sense that we wouldn't have to walk into class when it was halfway over. I walked away from Ace slightly frustrated but silent. I know I shouldn't be mad at him for not telling me about his parents, we did only talk for the first time yesterday. At the same time, I felt like he could open up a little to me. Especially since we're going to be spending a lot more time with each other as we have 13 days to plan the dance. What am I saying? The dance has nothing to do with his personal life. So why was I so interested in his past?

I ran to my locker and grabbed my books, then turned to hit a human.

"Well, isn't it Miss. Blair?" Ms. Larn's eyes bore into mine like they were drilling a cave.

"Sorry Ms. Larn, I was just running late," I put my head down, avoiding her intense stare.

The lady just crossed her arms, her bone's prominent, "I think you'll have to come with me, Miss. Blair. We can take up your disturbance with the principal. Running late," She chuckled and evil laughed, "Even a blind man could tell you were planning on skipping class." She grabbed my arm and began to pull me to the office.

I protest, "Why would I come to school and grab my books just to skip?"

She snarled, showing her slightly yellow teeth, "I don't want to hear any excuses from you Missy."

Ace made me promise I'd tell her to stop. I keep my promises, no matter how much I didn't want to in this situation.

I yanked my arm out of her clammy grasp, "Ms. Larn," I said, a sternness in my voice. She hated me anyways so what do I have to lose? I looked her straight in her pinhole, black eyes and spoken, trying to keep my voice steady, "Why do you hate me so much?"

Ms. Larn groaned and her shoulders slumped, "You remind me of what I never had and have lost at the same time," She was actually going to tell me? I thought she was going to just expel me, "I had a daughter but she was always getting in trouble. I thought she was just acting out because I was too strict. So I lightened up. Then she started to go to parties, she'd smoke, do drugs, bring boys home and I said nothing, thinking she would stop because she wasn't getting attention. She didn't stop. She went driving, drunk, one night with her boyfriend of the time, and she hit an innocent child and their mother and father, killing them. Then crashed into a traffic light, killing her and the boy. If I stayed strict I could have saved five lives. Five!" Ms. Larn was crying now. I placed a sound, encouraging hand on her thin shoulder, "I saw her in you. Same hair, same eyes, same height. I thought if I acted strict towards you it would make up for my mistake. I'm so sorry," She pulled me into a hug and began to cry into my shoulder, soaking Ace's jacket with her salty tears. I awkwardly patted her back, not knowing what else to do.

I gently pulled her back and looked at her red rimmed eyes, "Blaming me for actions isn't going to change anything, Ms. Larn. All you can do is learn from mistakes. But this wasn't your fault. It was her choice to drink. Her choice to drive that night. So please, stop blaming me for things I haven't done."

Her expression changed to one more soft, something I've never seen before and couldn't believe.

She nodded, "Okay, I won't blame you anymore."

After she said those words she blinked and a cold hard stare was back which confused me. She shook her head out of the confused state and and turned back to her old self. But a toned down self.

"Miss. Blair? Shouldn't you be in class? I'd hurry or you'll be really late. Have a nice day," With that she waved and walked away.

What just happened? 

_____________________

A/N

1573 words. I'm proud of myself.

What do you think happened with Ms. Larn?

Why's Ace touchy when it comes to his parents?

Don't forget to like, share and vote!

Byeee