Chapter 7: Its all an Act

The Stars Chapter 7:
It's all an act

I only had to wait 10 minutes before an agent came in and took my handcuffs off and led me to the others. We were led outside to a gate and there was a loud buzz, and the gate opened.

We walked out and there were 2 shiny white cars waiting for us. Henley, Jack and Merritt got into one, with Jack pouting he couldn't sit next to me, and Daniel and I went in the other, Daniel driving.

As we got into the car, I opened my mouth to speak but Daniel pulled something out of his pocket. "Glasses." He said, handing me the navy blue glasses.

I put them on and everything seemed incredibly clearer. "Thanks." I laughed.

We were silent for most of the car trip. Daniel broke the silence. "Sit next to me on the Jet?" He asked.

I nodded. It had been quite a while since it was just me and Daniel.

Daniel parked the car and we got our bags out of the back. The others pulled up behind us a second later.

Jack walked over to me, pulling his suitcase behind him. "Wanna sit with me on the jet?" He asked as we walked towards the shiny jet that was parked out the back of the airport.

I shook my head. "Sorry Jack, Danny and I are going to go over a few things while we're in the air." I said.

Jack pouted and we boarded the Jet. Mr Tressler and his assistant were already on the plane. I put my bag under the seat and grabbed my laptop before Daniel sat down next to me. Jack sat in a row of middle seats a few seats in front of us and Henley and Merritt went to the very back.

Once we were in the air, I opened my laptop. It suddenly closed. "Let me do this." Daniel said.

"Danny, get your own laptop." I said. He pulled his out from under his chair and smirked at me.

Suddenly, my laptop screen went black. I turned to Daniel. "Daniel Atlas, what did you do?" I asked angrily.

He smirked and laughed at my anger.

I closed my laptop and took his laptop off his lap. "So your just gonna take mine now?" He laughed at me.

"Oh 'haha." I said, sticking my tongue out.

I looked over at him and he leaned his head down the aisle. I poked my head over my seat to see Henley talking to Merritt. I hit him in the arm. "Lex! Leave her alone!" I said.

He looked back at me. "I'm just making sure nothing bad is happening." He said. I heard Henley laugh and Daniel shifted. "I can't do this anymore." He said. He stood up and started to walk down the aisle. I took the laptop off my lap and ran down towards him. "Danny, leave them alone." I said. He reached Henley and Merritt and my hand hit my face.

"Hey guys, we got a show to prepare for." He said.

Merritt stood up and moved incredibly close to Daniel. He smirked at him. "Do we now?"

"Oh no, your not doing the 'thing' on me." Daniel said, backing away.

Merritt moved closer. "What thing? I'm just looking at you." He said.

Daniel turned around and walked down the aisle. "I've been watching you for a year, I know all your little tricks."

"That's what they are to you? Tricks?" Merritt said, smiling.

"Yes, it's gimmicks. Reading the eyes, body language-" Daniel said.

"If it's such an easy thing, why don't you do, Henley?" Merritt interrupted.