Review: The Killing Joke

So I finally watched the rated R cartoon movie filled with awesomeness that is: The Killing Joke.

Now I've grown up reading comics, in fact I have a few of the 1980's comics that are still in their wonderful plastic protection. And before anyone asks, no I will not sell them to you, I love these lil shits with my being.

The Killing Joke was one that I loved, it showed that Bruce, although having a cold exterior, truly loves and cares about his partners more so then strictly business. Barbara, in her moment of weakness, allowed it to be shown to Bruce in a way that made the comic so.....true to life (even though it is fictional).

I've read interviews of the authors who were, and I quote, "happy to paralyze the bitch" which their idea made Barbara's character grow, take that authors you made her even more lovable. Birds of Prey is an example of that.

And Bruce's final reaction to having not only Jason killed by this monster, but also paralyze one of his best protégés is an ideal reaction.

Now as for the movie, the prologue scenes which are the first 30 something minutes, are great honestly.

Showing a bit of Bruce and Barbara's interactions to help the movie goers, who have not read the comics, is the best thing they could've done for the audience, but having the almost sex scene between Bruce and Barbara seemed I donno too much to me.

It would of been easier if they only showed the first few minutes, I mean obviously from the way Bruce tried to get her to stay away from the Paris case seemed to demonstrate him caring about her well-bring.

Yes in the Batman Beyond comic, there were a few that clearly showed Bruce and Barbara had a thing. But ya know, the new 52 reboot deletes most of the history, and pretty much resets everything.

The rest of the movie follows through the comic line by line, and scene by scene, which I have to say, "HELLA YA." Except for a small scene which I guess wasn't that important.

And as for Mark Hamil voicing Joker, his laugh gave me chills. Like Jesus that's awesome, they had a lot of the voice actors from the old Batman Adventures, and Gotham Knights, come in and that my friends is a reunion fit for any Batman crew.

Anyways, overall the movie was great, yes there were a few scenes that made me kinda skeptic, but ya know they chose that scene for a reason and the movie was still good. I personally think that they nailed it.

That's the end of this review and if you guys have watched and/or agree with a few points or if you want to tell me what you think of the movie, comment or PM me.