Just take a moment to read this

So, I've seen people call others attention whores or attention seeking because they said they have depression. They would say if you have depression then you wouldn't tell anyone.

That is actually wrong.

My friend had depression and told us, told his parents and got help. But guess what? Nothing helped, he felt it still. He felt worthless, as if he weren't good enough.

He killed himself.

Everyone is different when it comes to depression. Some really want help, they don't care if they're judged, they just want that feeling to go away. They end up finding help and many times, they get better. However, others don't tell anyone.

They may tell strangers because they figured their family or friends wouldn't find out. Which is what I am about to do.

I know I have depression and many of my friends see it. My mom wants to take me to a doctor, but there's that fear. The fear that grabs me and makes me too afraid to actually be diagnosed.

You have depression.

No, it's not cancer, so you may find this a bit dramatic. But depression, to me, is like a mental cancer. Sometimes, it goes away tor a while, but many times it stays.

You feel worthless, you feel like a burden, you feel as if no one truly loves you. It tears you apart, rips out the strings one by one. It's like a shadow that never leaves, telling you that you don't deserve to be alive. Yet, I fight it. I know it's all in my head, but the worst part is, it doesn't go away.

I want to tell my mom, but I hate the pity. I don't want my family to worry or act as if I'm fragile. I don't want my friends to constantly worry. I hate the attention.

I won't end up like my friend, I have many goals that I want to reach. Like finding that one guy and getting married, raising a family, meeting my grandkids. I want to be successful.

My goals aren't the only thing fueling my determination, but everyone I love.

Depression rips you apart, makes you hate yourself, makes you believe no one will ever love you.

Try understanding this from their POV instead of automatically assuming they're lying. You don't know them. Just because you see them smile and laugh doesn't mean anything.

People with depression are very good at acting.