Chapter 11

"Xavier, she's not going to want to talk to you."

"Please, I fucked up. I just need to talk to her."

She heard Zinnia sigh, "You rushed her into this relationship and then act like that. You knew each other for what, four days now? I suggest you take things slow with her. I know, mates usually move in the day they meet each other, but you just threw her trust out the window. She's not going to want to move in with you."

"I've been alone for years and mating season is coming soon and-

"And you think she's going to mate with you? I highly doubt she will, again, take things slow."

"If I mark her during mating season, then that will be enough to keep my wolf calm."

"It starts in two weeks, Xavier. She isn't going to fall in love with you in two weeks. Especially since you're an idiot who does stupid shit when he's angry." Zinnia snapped.

"Well, what am I supposed to do? I won't screw anyone else, I just want her. My wolf is going to lose it again and-

"Figure it out."

Catherine sighed and climbed out of bed, the two wolves froze as she walked past them. She silently grabbed a glass of milk, she put the milk back before facing the two.

"Why are you here?" She demanded.

Xavier swallowed, "I wasn't planning on having sex with her. I just wanted to..."

"To hurt me? Well, you did a marvelous job." She sneered.

He sighed, "You said you didn't want a relationship with me."

"Correction, I said if you're going to act like that everytime I'm upset, then I don't want a relationship with you. You had your chance right there, to apologize, but you ruined it. Now, get out."

"I do always act like that, I don't mean to, it just happens. So, that would mean you wouldn't want a relationship with me." He mumbled.

"Glad we're on the same page."

He looked at her with pained eyes, "Do you still accept me as your mate?"

"No."

He clenched his jaw, "Oh."

She sighed, "You rushed me into something I wasn't ready for. I know, it takes two to tango, but...I was confused. I had no idea what to do. Maybe, eventually, I'll accept you as mine. But right now, I want to be alone."

"I understand."

"Good. Now, please, do me a favor and leave."

He continued looking at the ground for a few seconds before nodding and walking out. Once the door was closed, she closed her eyes, she coule feel the ache in her heart.

"Um, I just want to tell you that Sylvana has a mate, who she's married to, and has two children. She also stabbed Xavier in the thigh with her pen after you left. Don't kill her." Zinnia sounded.

Catherine smiled, "I like her."

Zinnia chuckled, "She's something else, I can see you two becoming friends when you're Luna."

"Zin, I don't want to become Luna."

"Not yet." Zinnia grinned.

Catherine frowned, "No, never."

"I know you hate him right now, but he is your mate, Catherine. Unless you reject him, you won't be able to stay away from him for long."

"Then, I'll reject him."

Zinnia frowned, "Before acting out of anger, think about that. Rejection literally destroys a wolf. There's not much left to destroy in him."

Catherine sat down and frowned, she knew Zinnia was right, she was pissed. She was beyond angry with him and she was acting on that anger. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down.

"He has a lot of making up to do." She mumbled.