Chapter 13

Zinnia gaped at Catherine, "You're letting my cousin decide his punishment?"

Catherine frowned, "Yeah, why?"

"For the past five years he has had some sort of grudge against Xavier! No doubt he's going to make this punishment extremely painful!"

"Well, how was I supposed to know that? I've only been here for a week and I only saw him a few times!" Catherine snapped.

Zinnia sighed, "True...fine, let's go over to the packhouse and you can decide the punishment."

"Or how about there is no punishment. I'm pretty sure me refusing to accept him, ignoring him, and making sure he stays away from me is punishment enough. That's probably causing him more pain than being tortured could. Hell, this is torture."

"Actually...you have a point."

Catherine groaned, "I can't believe I was so stupid."

"Throw him in the dungeon!"

"Whip him!"

"Disgusting cheater!"

Both women looked at each other as the screams continued, they walked over to the window to see Chad standing before the whole pack. Beside him, Xavier stood, looking ahead.

"Shit." Zinnia mumbled.

Catherine sprinted out the door and out of the building, Zinnia was running close behind her, mumbling about hanging her cousin. They shoved pack members out of their way, apologizing as they did so.

"Chad! Stop!" Catherine ordered, using her alpha tone.

He immediately stiffened as his eyes landed on her. She stood before them, her eyes a shade darker.

"I change my mind." She announced. "I will decide his punishment."

Xavier slowly looked at her, his eyes were empty of emotion and no longer  bright. She released a breath before walking up and standing beside him.

"I refuse to accept him as my mate until he can show me he is truly sorry." She said. "And everyonr knows how painful it is when your own mate refuses to accept you."

The whole pack nodded, she bit her lip. "You have a lot of making up to do." She whispered to him.

He looked down, "I'm sorry." He whispered, his voice cracking a little.

"Show me you're sorry." She said before dismissing the pack.

Chad clenched his fists, "I thought I was going to decide his punishment."

Catherine looked at him, "Not when you have a grudge against him. What were you going to do anyway?"

"Chain him in the dungeon for a week, without food or water."

Catherine shook her head, "If he abuses me, then I would agree with that. However, he made a stupid mistake when he was angry. I believe my punishment is enough."

"I warned you, the mate-bond means nothing to this fool when he's pissed." Chad snarled.

Catherine glared at him, "I believe you should watch what you say, Chad. You're close to losing your spot as beta."

With that said, she looked at Xavier once more, making sure he was okay. She then turned and walked away, letting Chad digest her words.