Chapter 4

Read it, if ya like it - vote or comment on it. Pretty puh-leasee!

Also, what do you think Beth is talking about?

*Updated, 2024*

-------------

After the insufferable amount of attention that was on me, I found myself in the restroom after class was over. Breathing small, sharp breaths in the bathroom stall. I sat on the toilet seat, my leggings still pulled up to my waist - as if I were sitting in a regular chair.

Maybe it was un-hygenic, but - when my anxiety starts to pull through, it bows before no one.

I closed my eyes for a moment, letting the cool, dimly lit bathroom provide a temporary sanctuary. The events of the morning played over in my mind like a broken record, and I couldn't shake the feeling of being on display.

This is what I was talking about - hanging on by a thread, I mean. Ever since that night ...

The bathroom door creaked open, my eyes snapping open - I stifled my breathing, hoping whoever entered wouldn't notice my feet beneath the stall.

"Jubilee?" The voice was hesitant but familiar.

I let out a sigh of relief - Sam.

"Yeah, in here," I replied, my voice muffled by the walls of the stall and the faint buzzing of the overhead lights.

"What's going on?" Sam asked, hearing the concern in her tone - I watched as her white gym shoes came to stand right outside my stall, as she leaned against the door.

I slid off the toilet seat then, adjusting my leggings, and nudged the stall door to be let out. "I just needed a moment to breathe. Today's been...a lot."

She nodded understandingly, her blue eyes searching mine for reassurance. "I am sorry, for everything..I should have-"

I slowly raised a hand, stopping her.

"You don't have anything to be sorry for."

Her lips parted as she held her manicured hands in a prayer-like pose. "Yes, I do. For not telling you about him, for not telling you that I was talking to someone for the last few months."

I shook my head, smiling inwardly to myself.

"That's not why I am like this."

Well, kind of - he is a freaking magnet for attention.

Sam only raised on delicate brow, as if not believing me.

"Fine, okay it's not so much Dylan. I can personally handle Dylan and all of his .... charisma." Trying to find the right words before they fell out of my mouth, I continued. "It's just this damn school has nothing else to talk about - nothing else to fixate on, and he is basically a magnet for attention. He sat by me.. and then Beth-"

"I'll handle that bitch." She cut in, her lips forming a line.

I guess he beat me to it then, whatta snitch.

Suddenly, a soft buzz echoed off the tile walls. Sam's eyes sternly held mine for a moment more, before glancing down at her phone.

"Dylan saved us a seat in Art."

Another class together? Fucking great.

"I forgot we had that class together." I breathed, feeling even more relieved. "You can go ahead and join him. I didn't just come to the bathroom to sob my eyes out ya know." I smirked.

She gave me a knowing look, "Need a pad?"

I cut her a playful glare,

"I know I've been kind of a bitch here lately, but no - I didn't start." She snorted then, holding her hands up as if she'd been caught. She slowly began to back up, before turning on her heels to walk out.